Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Tue, May 1st, 2012, 10:17 AM
Whopper

STROKEDOUT is on a distinguished road
Default 6.0 FICM programmer

Will I have to get my SCT custom tunes rewritten in order to use the FICM programmer?

Thanks

06' F250 FX4 ECLB
A little bit of this, a little bit of that.
Old Tue, May 1st, 2012, 12:42 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Generally, no. The FICM programmer works very well in conjunction with most existing ECM tuning. The only concern would be tuning that utilizes overly aggressive timing curves. Since the FICM is basically a restriction to the timing and the tuning we provide relaxes those restrictions, you could possibly end up with a timing curve that is too aggressive. The tuning I'd be most concerned with would be Bully Dog and Sniper. Tunes from Gearhead, Innovative, River City Diesel, or Quick Tricks should be just fine.

I hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, May 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM
Whopper

Thanks Bill! That clears up some confusion for me.

06' F250 FX4 ECLB
Old Tue, May 1st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Whopper

Bill, I also have the CTS Insight. Could the FICM tunes be remotely up loaded to the Insight or do I need to get the hand held programmer?

06' F250 FX4 ECLB
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 01:28 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Unfortunately, the Insight does not support any programming functionality so that alone is a problem. To compound the issue, CS and CTS devices do not support FICM programming and I have no way to change that. It's something Edge would have to include in a later revision and I don't see that happening any time soon. I'm sorry.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!