Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Whopper Junior

SickStroke6.0 is on a distinguished road
Default FICM Reprogramming Questions (along with some PCM/ECM/TCM Questions)

I would like some info on this. What will give me the most power gains? And if I do the full package (ECM/TCM Rollback w/Stock Calibration and Modified FICM) what kind of gains I am gonna see with my Innovative tunes (yes, I know I'd have to buy new ones).

Or would I only see gains with the FICM tuning? And which FICM tune would give the best power/throttle response/cold starts/MPG while retaining the inductive heating strategy so I don't kill my injectors?

I'm currently running the VXAP2N2 Strategy, and I just got a brand new FICM from Ford five days ago.

Also, I heard that the PCM rollbacks can recalibrate the speedometer?

And can all this be done remotely?

Thanks,

Blake
Interior- Edge Insight w/EGT (COMING SOON: 3 10's, New Door Speakers, and Head Unit)
Old Tue, September 21st, 2010, 12:22 AM
SICKS LITER RACING

SICKS-O is on a distinguished road

it is very difficult to say exactly how much mpg or performance an ecm & ficm rollback is worth, there are so many ecm and ficm calibrations out there for these trucks, some are good, some are ok, and some are bad. the gains from rolling back are entirely dependant on what the trucks current calibrations are. in other words a truck with good ecm and ficm calibrations isnt going to gain as much as a truck with terrible calibrations.

That is where Bill comes in. he is very firmiliar with the calibrations for these trucks and will be able to tell whether or not your current calibration is good and if there is a better calibration you can run instead.

I can tell you from what i know that VXAP2N2 is TEC7 and it is an inferred EP calibration. The inferred EP calibrations are not as desirable as the older calibrations use the EP sensor feedback for engine controls.

the major contributing factor to what gains you will see depends on what your current FICM calibration is. the ecm calibration and ficm calibration go hand in hand. it is a good idea to flash both modules if you are going to roll the ecm back.

the desirable FICM calibrations offered great fuel economy and performance, however they did not include inductive heating for cold starts. bill takes the best ficm calibrations available and addes inductive heating to them to make them cold start friendly. there are more details but those are the basics.
Old Sat, September 25th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Whopper Junior

SickStroke6.0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICKS-O View Post
it is very difficult to say exactly how much mpg or performance an ecm & ficm rollback is worth, there are so many ecm and ficm calibrations out there for these trucks, some are good, some are ok, and some are bad. the gains from rolling back are entirely dependant on what the trucks current calibrations are. in other words a truck with good ecm and ficm calibrations isnt going to gain as much as a truck with terrible calibrations.

That is where Bill comes in. he is very firmiliar with the calibrations for these trucks and will be able to tell whether or not your current calibration is good and if there is a better calibration you can run instead.

I can tell you from what i know that VXAP2N2 is TEC7 and it is an inferred EP calibration. The inferred EP calibrations are not as desirable as the older calibrations use the EP sensor feedback for engine controls.

the major contributing factor to what gains you will see depends on what your current FICM calibration is. the ecm calibration and ficm calibration go hand in hand. it is a good idea to flash both modules if you are going to roll the ecm back.

the desirable FICM calibrations offered great fuel economy and performance, however they did not include inductive heating for cold starts. bill takes the best ficm calibrations available and addes inductive heating to them to make them cold start friendly. there are more details but those are the basics.
My FICM is brand new, and just installed by Ford a week or tow ago, so I'm sure it's the latest flash.
Interior- Edge Insight w/EGT (COMING SOON: 3 10's, New Door Speakers, and Head Unit)