Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Sun, December 12th, 2010, 07:06 PM
atk

atk is on a distinguished road
Question idle....

can the base idle be raised when doing reprogramming? right now idles around 625, like to see it at 700. now i can change my idle with SCT, but doesn`t do anything when i program it at 700, but it will work fine if i program it at 750, which is a little bit high. any thoghts?

thanks for any input....

Tuned by PHP.... SCT-X3.... Mbrp duals....and more....
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 06:11 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

We can definitely hard change the base idle to whatever you'd like in a custom built calibration. Then you can use the custom options to adjust up or down from there. The SCT options are a bit finicky sometimes and can have odd breakpoints for adjustments. I've run into situations before where the adjustments were either too much or not enough.

Let me know if we can help.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 08:35 PM
atk

Bill

can this be accomplished with FICM reprogram, ECM/TCM rollback?

will there be an additional cost for this?(changing base idle to 700)

not sure if you planned on adding Inductive Heating(IH). truck always started fine without it(do have it now,Ford reflash)....i am kinda thinking i don`t want IH....

will i need to call(next week) to make a change in my order for this(idle&IH)?

also i will be getting custom tuning for my SCT, but will worry about that in the new year. need to decide what 3 to order....

sorry for all the questions and thanks for your time....

Last edited by atk; Mon, December 13th, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 08:54 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The only reason I don't recommend adjusting the idle on a rollback program is that it can sometimes interfere with a programmer. For example, an Evolution will read the file and calculate the checksum on the file to make sure that the file is 1) Valid and 2) Unmodified. Some programmers do this and some don't, and I believe SCT is one of those that don't so if you'd like to have the idle pre-modified I'd be happy to include that for you.

As for the FICM, the device is pre-loaded with both IH and non-IH strategies so you can chose which one will work best for your vehicle. Most folks will try and use the non-IH strategies first and if they have a cold start problem they will switch over to the IH strategy instead.

I hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 10:18 PM
atk

yes it does help. that would be great if you can adjust(modify) my base idle to 700....

once again, thanks for your help and info....