Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, September 25th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Bacon King

cajunboy2208 is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Tune Edit help

I am going to mess with the timing and stuff.
I loaded the custom tune, and then went in the timing.
And it just says 0 on it.
I checked all of the other functions, such as shift points and stuff, they they are all not set either.
Is this normal?
Should I still just set it on the +1.5 save it for the timing.
And then next time it loads it will be set back to 0? Or will it be at 1.5 now?
Very confused on that.

Also. I did notice that my gear ratios is set to 3.73
I have 3.55 gears... was wondering if this is an error or did Bill accidenty insert 3.73 for me?
When I revereted it back to stock, it read the correct 3.55 gears, so this naturally worried me that he might of inserted the wrong value, and now my odometer is all effed up.

Not sure if I was clear on all of that.
I just figured it would already have values set in the custom tune instead of everything being at 0...
Old Sat, September 25th, 2010, 12:56 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Cajunboy - please read this "sticky" in the FAQs for Gryphon programmers: http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/faqs-...ions-menu.html

The "zero" values are all "baseline" settings that represent what Bill has programmed for your tune. Please pay particular attention to what is said about "placeholder" values for Tire Size (TS) and Gear Ratio (GR).

A +1.5 setting on the timing would be appropriate for an octane increase of 3 points over what has been set up in your current tune.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, September 25th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Bacon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Cajunboy - please read this "sticky" in the FAQs for Gryphon programmers: http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/faqs-...ions-menu.html

The "zero" values are all "baseline" settings that represent what Bill has programmed for your tune. Please pay particular attention to what is said about "placeholder" values for Tire Size (TS) and Gear Ratio (GR).

A +1.5 setting on the timing would be appropriate for an octane increase of 3 points over what has been set up in your current tune.

- Jack
I did read it, I just didn't quite understand it.
And still... when I increase the "baseline" setting. Will this become the new "baseline"? Or will whatever I increase it to show up and not be at 0?
Old Sun, September 26th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunboy2208 View Post
I am going to mess with the timing and stuff.
I loaded the custom tune, and then went in the timing.
And it just says 0 on it.
I checked all of the other functions, such as shift points and stuff, they they are all not set either.
Is this normal? Yes, these are your comparative baselines
Should I still just set it on the +1.5 save it for the timing.
Not unless your are going up 3 in octane, I strongly advise against long jumps like this because even if you filled up from 87 to 93 you still have the old 87 in the lines and a few gallons mixed throughout the tank.
And then next time it loads it will be set back to 0? Or will it be at 1.5 now?
Very confused on that.
The baseline will always be what Bill has it set at, to have the changes carry over you MUST go to "retreive previous settings" or something along those lines. It should be the last option on the list.

Also. I did notice that my gear ratios is set to 3.73
I have 3.55 gears... was wondering if this is an error or did Bill accidenty insert 3.73 for me?
When I revereted it back to stock, it read the correct 3.55 gears, so this naturally worried me that he might of inserted the wrong value, and now my odometer is all effed up.
No, the 3.73 is a placeholder value. Because of these placeholder values you cannot just "check" so see what the real number is set to.

Not sure if I was clear on all of that.
I just figured it would already have values set in the custom tune instead of everything being at 0...
If all Bill did was change those numbers in the custom options menu then he wouldn't be much of a custom tuner.
Quote:
I did read it, I just didn't quite understand it.
And still... when I increase the "baseline" setting. Will this become the new "baseline"?No Or will whatever I increase it to show up and not be at 0? Like I said, this is the reasoning for the recall previous settings or whatever it is named by.
Clarification in Blue

Last edited by Longshot270; Sun, September 26th, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old Tue, September 28th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Bacon King

ok that cleared most of it up.
Just to be sure, leave the gear ratio to 3.73?

I got 1/2 tank of gas left before I start editing the custom tunes.
Old Tue, September 28th, 2010, 05:04 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
ok that cleared most of it up.
Just to be sure, leave the gear ratio to 3.73?

I got 1/2 tank of gas left before I start editing the custom tunes.
No! If you have 3.55 gears, that's what you need to put in. You will HAVE to do this yourself, because the Custom Options menu does not know what you have, so it just loads a "common value". Hell, if engine size was one of the settings (it's not) it could default to 4.6L.

Now please, pay attention to what I say:
1. Open Custom Options
2. Set the Gear Ratio to 3.55 and hit [enter].
3. Set your Tire Size to the correct value and hit [enter] (you'll have to figure this out yourself since I don't know what tires you have).
4. Make any other changes you need to make, hitting [enter] after each value you look at or set.
5. Scroll to "Done" and hit [enter] to start programming.
Now, the NEXT time you decide to use the Custom Options menu (after this one), IMMEDIATELY scroll to "Load Previous Settings" and hit [enter] just as soon as you open the menu! This will reset all the values you've customized into the appropriate places. If you want to change anything, you do it AFTER "loading previous settings"!

If you try to do any of this any other way, you will be doing it WRONG! (And if your truck does not work right, you have only yourself to blame.)

- Jack
Old Wed, September 29th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Bacon King

Gotcha. Thank you very much =)
Old Wed, September 29th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Bacon King

How to you find out the tire size input?
I was trying to find the forumla on here, gave up on the 10th page of searches.
Old Wed, September 29th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Check your gryphon manual. It has the formula in it.
Old Thu, November 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Double Whopper

eej711 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Now, the NEXT time you decide to use the Custom Options menu (after this one), IMMEDIATELY scroll to "Load Previous Settings" and hit [enter] just as soon as you open the menu! This will reset all the values you've customized into the appropriate places. If you want to change anything, you do it AFTER "loading previous settings"!

- Jack
Sorry for posting to an older thread. I'd just rather add to another instead of creating a new one.

Just looking for a little clarification, when you select "load Previous Settings" does that set it back to what Bill has set or what the previous custom settings i would of changed it to?

Also, ive heard of a few people lowering the shift points, would this help anything like MPG or is there another reason for changing them

Thanks ahead of time!