Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Tue, July 17th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Whopper Junior

DRIZZLE97 is on a distinguished road
Default Will a custom tune fix my CEL

I have an 06 F150 with a Edge EVO, CAI, and cherry bomb exhaust after the cat. It is currently throwing a CEL that says running lean in bank 1 & 2. If I updated to a custom tune will that remove the CEL problem and will there be any problems with inspection if I don't remove the programmer? Any help would be greatly appreicated!!
Old Thu, July 19th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Whopper Junior

Default NEW ISSUE

I upgraded the EVO to the Gryphon and it seems to be running better. The CEL came on again after this upgrade and still wandering if the custom tunes will help or not. Now the programmer is very dim and hard to read the display screen. Is this normal or should I unplug and try again? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!
Old Fri, July 20th, 2012, 10:03 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I would not expect a custom tune to fix the lean problem you are having. It COULD be caused by faulty O2 sensors or a problem with the throttle position sensor. Possibly, the throttle body needs to be cleaned as well. In any case, don't try to fix an engine problem with a tune (canned or custom).

And, the fact that you have a CAI may be the entire cause. Can you return the intake to stock (or change to the Gotts Mod)?

It will not hurt to unplug and plug the Gryphon back in to cure the display problem. Do it with the ignition key ON.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, July 20th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Whopper Junior

Thank you for the info I will try plugging and unplugging the tuner, and would you recomend any CAI.
Old Fri, July 20th, 2012, 02:55 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIZZLE97 View Post
Thank you for the info I will try plugging and unplugging the tuner, and would you recomend any CAI.
Actually, NO. They seem to cause more problems than they are worth, although some seem to be worse in this respect than others. (Don't ask me which ones, because I simply don't know.) However, the Do It Yourself "Gotts Style" intake seems to give improved performance without ANY bad side effects: http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/resou...-pictures.html

- Jack
Old Wed, July 25th, 2012, 12:59 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

You need to post those trouble codes....

assuming that they are the p0171+p0174

clean the maf with maf cleaner
clean the throttle body
change the fuel filter

if you want to keep using the Cai with edge's canned tune crap...use the tow tune only...

get rid of the Cai...put the stock on back on....do the gotts mod...
or
get a custom performance tune along with a custom tow tune for it...

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.