Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Thu, October 1st, 2009, 02:18 PM
Love Games?

theSLEEPER is on a distinguished road

Hey Cody. Thanks for the info, but I was thinking more along the lines of something like a variable resistor, that I can use to dial in my ICP.

I also dont really want to fool with the IVS, just a simple on/off switch would be fine...

Have you ever messed with a potentiometer? I just need to figure out how to wire it up to work like a variable 10K mod.
Old Thu, October 1st, 2009, 05:50 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Actually, a couple years back I actually made a couple dozen "Low-End Menders" that were just that. They did have an IVS input but they also had a toggle switch to turn them on and off.

I used a 5K ohm resistor in series with a 5K-10K potentiometer that was user-adjustable.

I'll draw up a schematic tonight for you.
Old Thu, October 1st, 2009, 08:27 PM
Love Games?

Wow! Thanks Cody! You're the man! I'm excited. I can't wait to get my .84 exhaust housing machined and give the BBW another try with some help spooling...

Do you know if there's a way to tune for lag? I always assumed a little extra fuel, ICP, and timing, even on stock injectors, could help to quickly spool a turbo that may be a little too large/laggy...

Thanks again! You made my day!
Old Thu, October 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

As promised. No relay, no IVS influence.

Old Thu, October 1st, 2009, 09:26 PM
Love Games?

Sorry to be a pain. But which color is to the PCM? And just for my own mental library, what do the other two wires go to?
Old Fri, October 2nd, 2009, 08:03 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSLEEPER View Post
Sorry to be a pain. But which color is to the PCM? And just for my own mental library, what do the other two wires go to?

Blue/Red (or Green) out of ICP sensor to PCM. (Sensor Return)

Brown 5V Reference (VREF)

Gray/Red Sensor Ground (Signal Return)

Just for shiggles, there is another ICP Mod that uses a resistor in parallel with the ICP sensor that went between the blue wire and the gray wire. However, the LOWER the resistance in that setup, the HIGHER the ICP would actually be.
Old Fri, October 2nd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Love Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Just for shiggles, there is another ICP Mod that uses a resistor in parallel with the ICP sensor that went between the blue wire and the gray wire. However, the LOWER the resistance in that setup, the HIGHER the ICP would actually be.
That's the one I use to run. The one that was in between the two wires on the ICP sensor.
Old Mon, March 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM
Love Games?

Ummm... I think I cut the wrong wire... I wired into a greyish-yellow w/ red stripe.........

So... I need to mend that wire and go to the blue/red(or green) wire? I was wondering what was going on... Seemed to me like I was turning the ICP DOWN... The truck would start getting really quiet, and at idle, it would "chug" or just die... Would this be an effective way to LOWER the icp from what is being called for? Seemed like a good option for a drive through tune... If I had the pot just right, and hit the switch, the motor would get really quiet , but not die...
Old Mon, March 1st, 2010, 11:54 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Hmmm......

Looks like you need to tap into the wire with the Dark Blue with Light Green tracer.
Old Mon, March 1st, 2010, 03:12 PM
Love Games?

I'd really like to figure out if I'm actually reducing my ICP. Because that would be cool too!