Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Mon, October 19th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Whopper

goracer is on a distinguished road
Sent mine in today

just in time to ...wait another week becuase of SEMA

I freaked out after I boxed the unit. I started the truck and it would not go in to any gears. I unpacked and quadruple checked I was in level 0. I realized the only difference was I had left the ODBII cable plugged in without the EVO.
Dee dee dee

Hopefully I will get it back before it gets below 59 or I will freeze my nuts off on my bike. I don't even remember how bad the milage was before a programmer.
Old Mon, October 19th, 2009, 07:05 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Miracles can happen?
Glad you went with the upgrade.
You will have a new toy and a different driving truck when you get back!
Just be patient!
Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, October 19th, 2009, 07:23 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

So what does.....
A bike
Your nutz
And 59 degrees
Have to do with a programmer?
First off that's great riding weather.
Secondly I just wear my magnetic toed boots, they catch all the hardware that falls off!
LOL's
Lars

Old Mon, October 19th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Whopper

I normally switch from my motorcycle to my truck to drive to work in winter. The coldest I can ride in (with thermals) is 57f. That's pretty darn cold. ...for CA.

Oh your question, well I have a modified '04 and I just installed new replacement headers and don't want to blow those out from running too lean and i'm not sure how bad the mpg will be without a programmer anyhow.
Old Mon, October 19th, 2009, 10:42 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by goracer View Post
I normally switch from my motorcycle to my truck to drive to work in winter. The coldest I can ride in (with thermals) is 57f. That's pretty darn cold. ...for CA.

Oh your question, well I have a modified '04 and I just installed new replacement headers and don't want to blow those out from running too lean and i'm not sure how bad the mpg will be without a programmer anyhow.
So I see you are running the JBA short header? If you still are, a truck running on a stock program should be able to handle them. It's the long tubes that really need tunes. But explain to me more about your custom exhaust and what you did there on that mod so I can understand.

Lars

Old Tue, October 20th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Whopper

JBA shorties, 4 oem stock converters. This is my second set. When the 1st ones broke I could see the blue flames shoot out at startup in between the broken section of the passenger header.

Stock exhaust merges with a "Y" section to a single pipe. I replaced the "Y" with an "X" and continued with dual pipes. Allthough the Magnaflow muffler has an internal "X" the section I replaced gives it rigity since the brackets are only on one side as they are intended to hold a single pipe.

Oh, do you know how to clear the engine codes?

When I pulled out my Edge and I had an old check engine light. I disconnected the battery and stepped on the brake pedal. When I started it it the check light was still there and the truck would not go in to gear, nor would the gas pedal work (it physically moved but no rise in rpm). I get really worried as it' not possible to push (and the Edge is in route to PHP). I restart about a dozen times in park, neutral, let it warm up and finally it works but I still have a check engine light. Grrr!
Old Thu, October 22nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Whopper

Default Windows 7 support?

I should have my Windows 7 on monday. I'm not sure if i'll have my Gryphon before Thanksgiving but I plan on upgrading my computer. I can leave the living room one as XP if it has not been tested for Win7. When it's supported, will there be a post somewhere? :whocares:
Old Fri, October 23rd, 2009, 01:04 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

We've already had some customers test on Win7 and it works just fine. You shouldn't have any worries.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Whopper

Am I in line yet?
Are you guys back from SEMA? ...any pictures?
Old Fri, November 20th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Whopper

I know you guys are but can someone confirm receipt of my Edge at least since I haven't got any kind of feedback on my order or anything.

Just don't on the keyboard.