Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Sat, November 14th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Whopper Junior

07 fx4 is on a distinguished road
Default Will upgrading unlock my edge evo?

hey guys, will ugrading my egde evo unlock it??? I was gonna call edge so they can unlock it but I rather upgrade it while im at it. So im jus wondering if upgrading will do the trick

thanks in advance
Old Thu, November 19th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Whopper

goracer is on a distinguished road

Edge will not unlock your Evo. There is no upgrade, it is a conversion to the Gryphon brand. Once converted PHP can do custom maps.
Old Thu, November 19th, 2009, 09:00 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 fx4 View Post
hey guys, will ugrading my egde evo unlock it??? I was gonna call edge so they can unlock it but I rather upgrade it while im at it. So im jus wondering if upgrading will do the trick

thanks in advance
I think we've been having this conversation over on f150Online, right? And, you bought an Edge from someone who didn't set his truck back to stock so the Edge is on Level 3?

I know that either Bill or Edge CAN return the unit to Level 0. But, you're going to have to get hold of Bill to do this and right now, with Corey sick, that's a problem. He's probably answering phones, during their phone hours, but since 10 or more people are usually calling him at one time, getting through, even to an answering machine is hard. You might try a PM to him, but even that may not return results. He's simply too busy.

What you really need to know is the cost of returning it to Level 0 if you upgrade it to a Gryphon so you can compare that to what Edge would charge for the service, and I don't have an answer. I DO know I'd call Edge though, and find out what they charge as a first step.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, November 19th, 2009, 10:32 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Call edge and they will unlock it for you for about $80 via the internet and your computer.
Or talk to Bill and see what he has to say, like Jack stated in his post.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, November 20th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Whopper Junior

thanks for the help guys...I already called edge and they can unlock it for 75 over the internet, and they will also sell me a new OBD cable for 50, my next question since the Evo right now has lightning software will updating it to Fusion make it work on my 07 because on the sticker thats on the evo itself says 2004-2006 yr models, or should this not even be a problem?
Old Fri, November 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Whopper Junior

oh, and we have talked about his on F150online
Old Fri, November 20th, 2009, 02:22 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Once you get it unlocked send it in for the upgrade then you won't have to worry about updating it. Bill will load new firmware into the unit anyways and recase it from grey to black.

Old Sat, November 21st, 2009, 10:52 AM
Whopper Junior

Im definetly sending it in for its conversion but im a lil eager to at least try its canned tunes lol...so will updating it make it work?
Old Sun, November 22nd, 2009, 07:05 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Yes,
It will.

Old Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 10:18 PM
Whopper Junior

thanks for all the help....now that I hooked up the edge there is this very loud drone at time coming from my Banks intake. My question is, will converting it and getting custom tunes take away most if not all of that drone??