Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Whopper

ssgsmc19k is on a distinguished road

I noticed a problem the other day. It has happened 2 times now. When I am useing cruse control and go to slow down with the cruse i take my finger off the cruse button and the truck gives itself gas I feel a shutter in the tranny. Now I have NEVER had this happen before, and I use cruse all the time. The truck doesnt do this when I am not useing cruse control. Just wondering if anybody else has had this happen. I have my Gryhpon set to my performance tune.
Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 10:13 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgsmc19k View Post
I noticed a problem the other day. It has happened 2 times now. When I am useing cruse control and go to slow down with the cruse i take my finger off the cruse button and the truck gives itself gas I feel a shutter in the tranny. Now I have NEVER had this happen before, and I use cruse all the time. The truck doesnt do this when I am not useing cruse control. Just wondering if anybody else has had this happen. I have my Gryhpon set to my performance tune.
Please fill out your user info profile so its more complete.....ie hex code and serial number and contact info.....then us remote volunteer moderators will be able to better assist you.....we're not in php's office......also when posting issues please include year and engine size.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, July 29th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Whopper

Help

Done. Also I have the 5.4Flex, with Auto tranny, 4x4, 3.73, 36,500 miles, Stock tires.
Old Sat, July 30th, 2011, 03:30 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Interesting - I never slow down with the "coast" button. If I need to reduce speed, I just tap the brake to turn off cruise and then reengage it at the new desired speed. Likewise, to speed up to a new higher speed, I use the gas pedal and then tap "Set" when I reach the speed I want. So, I've never felt what you feel.

The transmission MAY not unlock the Torque Converter to coast down using your method, then when you release the button you'd feel a "lurch". I know with my method, the TC unlocks during coasting, which saves gas, but it takes a bit longer to reach the new speed.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, August 1st, 2011, 12:44 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Interesting - I never slow down with the "coast" button. If I need to reduce speed, I just tap the brake to turn off cruise and then reengage it at the new desired speed. Likewise, to speed up to a new higher speed, I use the gas pedal and then tap "Set" when I reach the speed I want. So, I've never felt what you feel.

The transmission MAY not unlock the Torque Converter to coast down using your method, then when you release the button you'd feel a "lurch". I know with my method, the TC unlocks during coasting, which saves gas, but it takes a bit longer to reach the new speed.

- Jack
Sounds like my issue two years ago.....the tip in between 3-4 may need to be adjusted +1

Old Sun, August 14th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Whopper

I have been in performance since I got the programmer back until this weekend. We went camping and I set it in the towing. Used the cruse same as I allways do tried the coasting with the button did not notis any shudder. How would I fix the shudder in performance.
Old Mon, August 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
I have been in performance since I got the programmer back until this weekend. We went camping and I set it in the towing. Used the cruse same as I allways do tried the coasting with the button did not notis any shudder. How would I fix the shudder in performance.
If you have limited understanding of the programmer it would be best if Bill did this in the custom tune itself....

Old Wed, August 17th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Whopper

88racing. I am what you would call not computer smart. Over all I am VERY happy with the tunes. Only prob I hvae noticed is that shutter. Would Bill have to wright a hole new performance tune?
Old Thu, August 18th, 2011, 08:06 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
88racing. I am what you would call not computer smart. Over all I am VERY happy with the tunes. Only prob I hvae noticed is that shutter. Would Bill have to wright a hole new performance tune?
I tried looking for my info on how I used the custom options menu to do this and i'm coming up with nothing.....so it must have been an email Bill sent to me.......I don't have one of the monochrome gryphon's anymore.....so for me to try giving you a step by step procedure on how to adjust this will be tough for me to do......

If this a canned tune then you'll have to adjust through the custom options menu

If this is a custom tune then you'd be better off having Bill adjust it....then you'll need to put your truck back to stock and then use peagasus and reload the tune when Bill get it done.....