Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Whopper

wrtaz is on a distinguished road
Default Chip questions

Not sure where to post this but it's general tuner questions.

Would having an Adrenalin HPOP require a FU or just FU2? My truck isn't heavily modified and I'm not planning on doing much more to it. No injectors in my future or anything, unless they go out. Depending on the price I may just go with a Phoenix with custom tunes, if needed?

I have an autoenginuity and was wonder if I collected some data it would help with tunes? If so what should I grab? I love playing around with this software, lots of information.

2003 F250 7.3 Diesel
Magnaflow 4in turbo back exhaust
6637 air filter
Adrenaline HPOP
Master wastegate controller
EBV removed
CCV vent mod
More to come, probably fuel related but minor
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 07:49 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Actually, having an adrenaline pump will make the most out of heavy-load operation by allowing the actual injection control pressure to match the desired....something that most stock HPOPs cannot do.

When you figure in that the factory ICP Desired maps usually run in the 2500-2800 PSI range at high loads from 2700 RPM on up to 3400+, then it's easy to see where a stock HPOP will be struggling when more fuel-per-injection event is requested in aftermarket tuning.

With the higher flow rate of the adrenaline, there will be far less trouble in maintaining 2800+ PSI when under high "mass fuel desired" situations. Standard tuning will work just fine with it.
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 09:27 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Regular FU kit will work fine. The Adrenaline will prevent the all too common drop in oil pressure due to low volume. When we build the files, we take this into account, but it's really not much to tune so there's no extra charge.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, May 27th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Whopper

wrtaz is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the information! That's the technical terminology of, my HPOP fell on its face, I see randomly posted. The Adrenaline did make some nice improvements on how the truck runs even in stock format and it doesn't leak like the old one, bonus! Way quieter and gained a bit of power. Getting it tuned will be sweet especially if I can get the regular FU kit.

Any good data I should try to collect and compare before and after using the autoenginuity?
Old Fri, May 29th, 2009, 01:01 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

ICP, IPR, Inj. PW, MFD, RPM, and TPS.

These will give us a good idea of what's going on with the oil system and how well you're maintaining pressure. These should be standard log settings for anyone looking to baseline their truck's injection system.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!