Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sun, July 29th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Fuscpowerstroke

Jfusc117 is on a distinguished road
Default Rev x and 7.3 powerstroke

Has anyone tries using the rev x oil addictive with the 7.3psd? I've seen it's done a lot of great things for the 6.0. One thread it's good to use and another said don't cause it screws with the 7.3s high pressure oil pump. Has anyone tried it out on a 7.3 yet?
Old Wed, August 8th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

I used it in mine, it would romp pretty good at any temp below *50 with the 15-40 dino oil in it.

After I put the REV-X in it would not romp period, started like it was *90 when the temp was down in the single digits. When I put it in I swore that I could tell a difference in the engine noise in about 5-10 minutes of it just sitting there idling, but the real kicker was the next time my wife got in the truck & we were going down the road she asked if I had done anything because it was much quieter to her.

Just my opinion but I don't see how it could "screw with the 7.3 high press oil pump" but then again I don't know everything either...lol