Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, November 20th, 2012, 08:04 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomlag7 View Post
hey guy's I'm sorry to butt in , but I'm also on windows 7 and have similar issues as Fstorm . my gryphon turns red only but not green ( goes off & on intermittently too ) and did not hear any start-up sound when I connect to Pegasus . and cable is one supplied through PHP . tried all usb ports but nothing changes with disconnected in lower screen and with different s/n # than mine . I know win 7 is a pain however I'm waiting for someone to call me for next move . sorry if this is not proper section to post this ..
I think you may be looking at the "HD S/N", which I think is your Hard Drive's serial number.

Does the Gryphon initialize properly when you plug it into your truck's OBDII port (with the ignition ON and the engine off)? If so, the Gryphon is probably fine and you have some problem with the PC or with the USB cable that came with the Gryphon.

In spite of all my "knowledge", I have never been able to get my Gryphon connected to my Win 7 PC. If you can, find a Win XP machine and install Pegasus on it. Then, with Pegasus running, plug the Gryphon into that machine.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, November 20th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Whopper

Boomlag7 is on a distinguished road

Jack'
yeah the Gryphon works fine and boots right up when I put it back to " canned tunes in truck last night , no problem there . do you believe that win 7 is the issue along with usb cable then ? I've found a window XP service pack 2 as an option to try on my PC ( however not sure how to get back to that option as I'm not too tech-savvy unless I played around w/ it , confused: )
I also found another USB cable from a old camera phone but I would like to know exactly what he problem is before I start messing around with things and end up with the same results as "Fstorm150 " did when he tried it . or even worse by erasing my Custom Tunes by accident or something . I understand what you said regarding HD S/N and greatly appreciate your vast knowledge as well Jack . it's good to know that people like yourself can give first hand experience on issues like these . " Cleatus " said that he informed Bill about this problem with Pegasus so I'm hoping to hear something soon
Old Tue, November 20th, 2012, 05:55 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I think the problem is Win 7. I suspect your USB cable is fine, but of course I'm only guessing.

I would NOT try to change the operating system on your PC. Try to find a friend or relative who has a Win XP machine and who would be willing to let you install Pegasus on it. It's really a small application and it doesn't seem to interfere with anything else on a PC. Once you get it installed and opened (running), plug your Gryphon in. If it still does not connect, the USB cable IS probably faulty, so this is a way to trouble-shoot things. It is perfectly safe to try to connect with a different cable, so if the cable is bad, try a different one. If it connects though, and your tunes are ready, you should be able to download and install them using [Updates]->[Custom File Download (Internet)]. Please make sure your truck is set back to Level 0 (Stock) before your remove the Gryphon to do this though.

But, if you've already installed custom tunes on the Gryphon, there's no reason to do any of this. The firmware updates Bill has published are for a few unique issues, and if your unit is working properly, don't try to "fix" it.

- Jack
Old Wed, November 21st, 2012, 02:06 AM
Whopper

Jack I'll have to find someone with win XP Machine but let me try the other usb cable first . I don't believe it's the problem but I'll give it a shot first .
I've also never had Custom tunes installed ( trying to install my custom tunes is what this is all about ) however I returned programmer back to "canned " tunes temporarily until this whole issue is resolved . thanks again for your advise jack
Old Wed, November 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomlag7 View Post
Jack I'll have to find someone with win XP Machine but let me try the other usb cable first . I don't believe it's the problem but I'll give it a shot first .
I've also never had Custom tunes installed ( trying to install my custom tunes is what this is all about ) however I returned programmer back to "canned " tunes temporarily until this whole issue is resolved . thanks again for your advise jack
The part I've bolded is confusing me. What we call "canned tunes" are the three tunes (Level 1-3) that come preinstalled on the programmer when you buy it. There is a Level 0 tune which is the "stock tune" that was installed in the truck when it left the factory. You have to return the truck to Level 0 before you can make any changes to the Gryphon through Pegasus. If and when you get "custom tunes", they replace one or more of the "canned" (Level 1-3) tunes.

So, it's fine to run your truck on any current Level, but you MUST return it to Level 0 (stock) before you connect the Gryphon to Pegasus.

- Jack
Old Wed, November 21st, 2012, 07:31 PM
Whopper

Yes Jack '
I fully understand that . I have been returning the Programmer to stock level 0 from the truck each time I attempt to download the new tunes ( 87 performance and 87 Tow ) that were purchased and ready to be installed according to email I was sent .
Now today I received another email from bill as follows :

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Cohron - Power Hungry Performance <bill@phptune.com>
To: bill <bill@phptune.com>
Sent: Wed, Nov 21, 2012 6:06 am
Subject: Recent Server issues with Pegasus.

Hello.

This message is to inform you that we recently experience a minor issue with our Pegasus file server that caused some files to become unavailable to our customers. This concern has been corrected and you should now be able to download your custom calibrations.

If you have not done so already, please download and install the Pegasus update software. You can find the software installer and the installation/update instructions at:

http://www.gopowerhungry.com/pegasus...v2_02_0994.exe

Once the software is installed, connect the device to the USB cable and run the Pegasus Client application. Go to the [Update] Menu and the select [Custom File Download (Internet)] to begin your download. Once the update is completed, please follow any further instructions provided by the software. In most cases you will be asked to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to finalize internal settings in the programmer.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and greatly appreciate your patience while we resolved the issue.

Take care and have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

And still nothing has changed , I've also tried different USB cable but programmer still makes same BLANK RED display with no beeping sound and same DISCONNECTED at bottom screen of Pegasus display !