Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Tue, July 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

While you got those wheels off check the center caps for cruel humor debri, like rocks, bolts, or nuts.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, July 14th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Whopper

Kurt14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
While you got those wheels off check the center caps for cruel humor debri, like rocks, bolts, or nuts.

Lars
VERY GOOD CALL!!!!!!!!! There is a huge huge possibility of that.... I came out of my apartment to find a Matress in my bed and my wipers and mirrors are folded in all the time.. Gah, as mad as I will be I will have to laugh it off..

I just replaced the brakes 5,000 miles ago with rotor pros slotted and drilled rotors.. I thought I may have dropped a shoe inside the drum/rotor but didn't.. My axles are held in by a C-clip inside the chunk housing right? It couldn't be it...

Fancy - 2005 Ford F-150 Crew 5.4 Lariat with Banks Ram Air Intake, Custom Flowmaster (hidden) Exhaust, 2.5'' Daystar Leveling Kit, Red Top Optima, and a (eager to be updated to Gryphon) Edge Evolution Programmer. Plus many custom appearance mods..
Old Thu, July 16th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Whopper

Ok so, I went through everything again tuesday night and still couldn't find anything.. Today, I decided I had listened to it long enough so I went straight to the service manager and after he rode with me he seems to think it is an inaccurate backlash in my gears and that there may be a gear that isn't in good shape causing too much clearance (shouldn't be any more than .015 he said). So, after pricing the fix to do it myself I am going to call and see what the ford place will charge to do it with a warranty so if it ever comes back it'll be on them to fix it. I'm praying that's the noise and hope it goes away.. I'll keep this thread informed so if anyone else discovers this they won't have to search and hunt like I have.. I just smiled when he said there is no way it's your trans!

Fancy - 2005 Ford F-150 Crew 5.4 Lariat with Banks Ram Air Intake, Custom Flowmaster (hidden) Exhaust, 2.5'' Daystar Leveling Kit, Red Top Optima, and a (eager to be updated to Gryphon) Edge Evolution Programmer. Plus many custom appearance mods..
Old Tue, July 21st, 2009, 07:55 PM
Whopper

Well so much for fixing the rear-end... I had someone break my passenger glass and steal my ipod plus a girls purse.. So, needless to say my glass, tint, and ipod will come before the rear-end but at least I know what is making the noise now...

Old Tue, July 21st, 2009, 09:19 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Sorry to hear about this! I don't really know what we have to do to get this kind of stuff under control, but SOMETHING needs to be done!

- Jack
Old Tue, July 21st, 2009, 10:55 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt14 View Post
Well so much for fixing the rear-end... I had someone break my passenger glass and steal my ipod plus a girls purse.. So, needless to say my glass, tint, and ipod will come before the rear-end but at least I know what is making the noise now...
Sorry to hear about the break in.
I always tell my wife to keep the purse down on the floor with a blanket covering it. Out of sight out of mind.
Glad you found the noise source!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.