Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Fri, March 13th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Whopper Junior

black rbp is on a distinguished road
Question BBk Throttle body

Is any one running the bbk throttle body on there 5.4 v8 . If so do you have to reprogram it ? Dose It make difference?? My truck is a 2005 4x4 5.4 with gibson headers , volant air box , flowmaster 40, and the edge >thanks

Last edited by black rbp; Fri, March 13th, 2009 at 11:25 AM. Reason: I put volant header
Old Sun, March 15th, 2009, 10:34 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Well I already see a problem with the mods that you have. The cai and the edge are already making a lean condition.

My recomendations are send the edge in and get it upgraded to a gryphon and get some custom tunes.

The next thing is if you go with the bbk tb you may have to go with a slightly bigger injector but if Bill waves his magic wand he could probably come up with a tune for the bigger tb.

The only gains of the bigger tb would really be at wot.

If I were you I would try the upgrade to the gryphon 1st with custum tunes for your mods it's by far the more economical approach. Then if that is not enough throw the larger tb on.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Last edited by 88Racing; Sun, March 15th, 2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old Mon, March 16th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

May want to consider porting your intake manifold too, I'd assume you're looking at the 80mm throttle body, won't be too productive if your intake manifold is still 75mm.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Wed, March 18th, 2009, 02:31 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The factory throttle body is ~2mm smaller than the hole in the intake manifold. Unless you port the manifold as well, the throttle body is a big, fat waste of money. 4 years ago we took a factory throttle body and bored it out, cut a new throttle plate, and popped it on out 2006. It didn't make ANY difference on the dyno. Zero. In fact all we DID get from it was a P2106 Throttle Body DTC about every 4th time we started the truck. Major disappointment.

If you haven't already purchased it, I would save my money.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, March 18th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Whopper Junior

I put the bbk on and I did notice that i now getting about 1.5 miles more per gallon,and a lot better throttle response , I would like to upgrade my edge ,but I cannot get in touch with them . I about to change my plugs so i will know from that if I am running lean . Thanks so for ..
Old Wed, March 18th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The throttle response change comes from the fact that there is a slightly larger surface area for the same throttle angle.

As for economy, are you pen & paper or using the instrument cluster? In most cases the instrument cluster reading is off because the relationship between the throttle and the engine's power output is different (same power, less throttle) and cause a slightly higher reading in the economy calculation. If you're pen & paper on your calculations and you're still picking up1 to 1½, then that's awesome!

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Whopper Junior

gryphon

How can I get my edge updated to the gryphon?? Tried to call no answer . Would like to talk to someone about it . Please help THANKS:sadface:
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 05:49 PM

RBP,

Our phones are all boogered up at the moment. Was supposed to have it fixed today, but I don't see that happening. In fact, Corey just got off the phone with Vonage to see what they had to offer.

I apologize for the inconvenience but if you PM us your number we can try to get in touch with you tonight or tomorrow. Maybe by then our phone will be back in shape too.

Thanks.

(678) 890-1110