Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sun, December 14th, 2008, 05:56 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

i tried this on my 08 yesterday...and low and behold....it read 0. So maybe they did do away with that sensor.
Old Mon, December 15th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Double Whopper

chappy is on a distinguished road

I just checked on my 05 w/5.4 and it works.If it makes you feel any better,it is always the same reading as the ECT everytime I've checked.On my powerstroke,they always read different though.So be glad its a gasser I guess.
Old Tue, August 4th, 2009, 06:52 AM
mad cow member

Rustler is on a distinguished road

I know this is an old post, for info/tracking purposes add me to the list of no EOT reading from the Gryphon.

2007 F 150, 5.4, auto, 4whd, hex in user cp.
Old Tue, August 4th, 2009, 10:41 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It's really crappy that they did away with that sensor, isn't it? Maybe Ford thinks the oil system has become super reliable?

- Jack
Old Thu, August 6th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Double Whopper

PhqChevys is on a distinguished road

I also noticed this on my Gryphon as well as when it was an Edge Evo, and I also have a '07 f150 screw. My EOT has always read 0. But then again there are a few reading on there that I have no idea what they are like...propeler shaft speed and turbine speed... the best i can asume is that proprler shaft speed would be the drive shaft, but as for turbine speed???
Old Fri, August 7th, 2009, 09:34 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Those relate to your transmission, and, the Gryphon manual is misleading in my opinion. I THINK the output shaft is the drive shaft and the turbine shaft is the input to the torque converter. If you are in 4th gear with everything locked up, the OS speed will be less than the TS speed.

The manual says if they are the same, there's no "slippage", but I think this only applies in 3rd gear with everything locked up.

- Jack