Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Be A Saint

lynn2437 is on a distinguished road
Default Window motor rant

Well, after spending quite a few hundred dollars doing some preventitive maint. on my truck, I find myself fixing it again. I already replaced the front two power window assemblies @ about 55000 miles. I was mad because the only reason they failed was the cable jumped the pulley track and binded up causing the cable to bind and warp making it useless on the pulley. So I paid near 300$ to replace them both because of the pulleys wearing out. Now at 73000 miles I have to replace the rear drivers side. I called Ford and they want 173$ for the whole assembly because of a 50 cent pully. Why didn't they go with the scissor style lift, so you just replace what is needed.

Just needed to vent before I tear my hands up putting that assembly in. At least I have something to do.

-Lynn
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 06:40 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I can't even begin to tell you how many Chrysler window motors we've replaced over the years because the plastic clutch in the gear assembly would wear out and wouldn't roll the window up even though the motor was fine. I don't know how long it was before the aftermarket came out with a replacement gear assembly (for about $15.00) so we wouldn't have to replace the whole motor (about $115.00). Crazy....

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Be A Saint

Yeah I know. I don't know why but I kept both working motors and regulators for the front windows. They're fine, it's just the pulleys and cables.

-Lynn
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Whopper

huffer7.3 is on a distinguished road

That sucks big time. My wife drive an 05-F150 and at 76K miles the driver window broke and then three days later the passenger window broke. Luckly i had not had the driver one fixed yet so got them done at the same time. Some of this stuff you gotta wonder why they did things like they did.
Banks Intercooler, Brake, Exhaust, Guages(soon to be replaced)
AFE Intake, 38R BB Turbo, Turbo Master Waste Gate control
203 T-Stat Evans Coolant
Oil, Trans & Coolant Bypass Filters, Amsoil
6 Position Chip From Bill
Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I am sure glad I joined this forum and own a f150! I was just looking forward to pulling my hair out over spark plugs and now this window pulley thing.

"Built Ford Tough"

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, March 6th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Be A Saint

Lars, sometimes I hear "Built Ford Tough" and I cringe thinking about some of the crap I've had to put up with. At the end of the day though, my truck does more than I need it for and keeps coming back for more.

My old man owns his own garage and at the end of the day it is his advice that I give my complete attention to when it comes to the maint. on my vehicles. He has been a GM man since the 60's and constantly harps on other company's design flaws and what not. One day while I was home on leave and we were looking at my truck, in an almost inaudible whisper I heard him say "Ford got this one right". I rub it in his face when his truck sits at home while we are hunting because he knows mine can do the job. He still tries to get me to buy a Chevy or GMC, but I still love my truck.

-Lynn
Old Fri, March 6th, 2009, 07:18 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Lynn

I know each mfg has its own quirks but you'd think after 100 + years of making them one of these times they'd figure it out.

Sometimes my sarcasm gets the best of me and fords have treated me pretty good over the years. That's why I still own one.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, March 6th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Yeah I replaced both of my window motors, the driver's side at about 13,000 miles (still under warranty) and just did the passenger side at 101,000 miles. Actually replaced it the night before I went to see Bill and Corey, would have been a COLD 4 hour drive with one window down!
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds