Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Thu, May 14th, 2009, 10:55 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Checksum failure=The mad doctor's help

Have you always owned the truck or was it bought used?

If you bought it used that maybe where the problem is from!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, May 14th, 2009, 11:43 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I think he bought the truck new, Lars. That's why I'm totally at a loss here.

Wonder how Corey's doing? Bill can't be spread much thinner than he already is!

- Jack
Old Fri, May 15th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Bacon King

mmandley is on a distinguished road

Yes i bought the truck New with 32 miles on it.

Bill actually was able to get a minute to call me last night as well. We talked it threw and he thinks my truck is stuck in some Calibration mode now.

Maybe caused by the original harness that was bad. Not sure. Bill said tonight he making me a spacial file that will basically upload the factory settings and then right after that delete it and load the custom tunes he made.

Hes not exactly sure why my truck is doing this but tomorrow 8am my time and 11 am his time i will call him and we will be working on it. So hopefully this will square it away.

I do want to say that for this many issues with a product i cant complain about service. Bill and Corey, my hats off to you both for helping me and getting back to me asap every time. Not very often you get service this nice when you cant see people face to face.

Thank you again.

We will keep working this problem tomorrow =)

08 F350 Crew Cab Lariat Edition 4x4 6.4L Twin Turbo Diesel
Old Fri, May 15th, 2009, 07:09 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to hear you are getting help!

Sorry to hear about the problem!

Darn cable!

The only reason I was trying to see if your truck was used or new is that sometimes people forget about things. So I had a whole list of questions ready to go!
But I am glad to hear Bill is on top of this problem.

Lars

Old Fri, May 15th, 2009, 08:59 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Thanks for keeping us in the loop too, mmandley.

I hope people realize that a great deal of Bill's time goes to simply helping people out with problems like you have, that they can't figure out. Often, of course, the problem is simple "operator error". But other times, like yours, the problem is much, much more complicated.

Let us know what happens and what the cure was, please?

- Jack
Old Fri, May 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Bacon King

Hi everyone

Well i spoke with Bill this morning and he had a file all ready for me to download. So we downloaded it and then plugged it back in the truck and still same failure.
Then you could see the light over Bills head come on as he at the same time did a face/palm move and said dammit i messed it up last night.

He said go back and re update the Gryphon, i put your old Stock file back on it that we already know doesn't work, instead of the new file i made lol.

Redowloaded the new Stock File and back to the truck i went. This time it WORKED AWESOME

The truck is hooked up with the 87 Custom Tow Tune and the 87 Custom Performance Tune woot woot

Now i can finally install my JLT Ram Air kit.

So the problem ended up being 2 things.

D2 error = bad harness from the supplier.

CheckSum Fail error - Stock File with the truck, eighter the old harness corrupted it or some issue with the stock check points and the upgrade checkpoints not matching up right for some reason.

Bill got it squared away.

Man awesome service and never doubted Bill for a minute that he couldnt fix it.

Thanks again to everyone who gave ideas and listened and hopefully this will help with other Ford trucks that have this issue and it will be a quick fix now.

Old Fri, May 15th, 2009, 05:36 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

So where's the party?
Just kidding!

Congrats on the success!

Lars

Old Fri, May 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
PHP Groupie

And, kudos to Bill too, for having the interests of the customer at heart and for being willing to go the extra mile to take care of things!

Glad you're finally in business, mmandley - there must have been times when you wondered if it was going to be worth it!

- Jack
Old Fri, May 15th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Bacon King

Some times i wondered a little only because i bought my JLT Ram Air kit and its been sitting int he box for months now.

I did get the JLT installed today and went for a drive.

WOW

WOW

WOW

The truck is soo responsive now and the exhaust even sounds different and WOT that big truck gets up and goes now. < 87 Performance >

Sunday im pulling the boat 130 miles to the Big reservoir in Eugene OR and im interested to see how the Tow Tune goes. I can only expect better results.

I have to say getting the new 3inch Flowmaster Duel exhaust the Gryphon and the JLT really woke my truck up. I thought it was powerful and pretty fast for a 6K+ truck but now it really gets up and moves.

Nothing but good things to say about PHP.

Thanks Again

Old Sat, May 16th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Glad Bill could help you out, Mike! for the great posts, too!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019