Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, February 8th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Whopper

jerry edwards is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with Gryphon turning off

Does anyone have any problems with their Gryphon Dash mount programmer shutting off and turning back on while driving with no problem in what stage it is in.But today it turned off and went through resetting itself to stock,it then needed reprogrammed to towing. One other question is all the display colors won't change,they all seem to stay blue,is there any trick to changing the color.Have no problem changing percentage of light.
Old Sun, February 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Ugh - I've never had this problem, but I seem to recall someone else that did and it sounded like a poor connection at the OBDII port, or a faulty OBD cable, possibly poor connection at the back of the Gryphon, or, a "loose" fuse for the cigar lighter/OBD power supply.

I'm really puzzled by the unit "resetting itself back to stock". I can't see how it could do that without changing the program in the PCM too.

Finally, if you can't change the display colors, it sounds like you COULD have a defective unit.

I'm afraid this is a job for "The Mad Doctor"!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, February 8th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road

"The Mad Doctor"! ALL HIDE!!!

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
Old Sun, February 8th, 2009, 01:34 PM
PHP Cheerleading Section

OneTomcat is on a distinguished road

I'm probably the one Jack was referring to regarding a Gryphon rebooting itself. I never noticed it resetting the level on mine. It usually just shuts off and comes right back on, tho once in a while it may stay off for a while. One time it didn't come back on until I shut off and restarted the truck.

I have checked all the connections, fuses etc and everything appears tight. I haven't really done much more than that, as we have way too much snow and cold up here, and it doesn't appear to have any negative effect on the way the truck operates. I guess if it's still doing it I'll deal with it in the spring.

I haven't tried changing the screen color but I'll check that and see if we have that in common. Jerry, you didn't say if you have custom tunes or if your Gryphon is stock (nor do I know if it would make any difference) or if new tunes might correct this problem. I don't have mine as of yet (hint, hint, hint, Corey and Bill)

'05 F150 FX4 SCAB
K&N FIPK
Magellan Navigation System
Full Boar Performance SIDO exhaust
Gryphon PHP Programmer w/ custom tunes
4UCam wireless backup cam
Old Sun, February 8th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Whopper

My Gryphon is stock also.
Jerry
Old Mon, February 9th, 2009, 09:37 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all
Bill, we need your help here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry edwards View Post
My Gryphon is stock also.
Jerry
So, it's a brand-new unit? I could be wrong, but I've got a bad feeling about it. I DON'T think you should be having these problems unless it's something you're doing that you are not aware of and we are not picking up on. (And, please, I did not mean that as any kind of insult - I just know there are a few "vague" areas in the instruction manual, that Corey is working on, that make it possible for people to do something incorrectly, and not know they've done it). But, I doubt this applies in your case.

Your symptoms also don't seem to be the usual low battery-related problems. I especially don't like the fact that it showed itself back at "stock", when your truck was operating at a higher level.

- Jack
Old Mon, February 9th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Whopper

Default Gryphon programmer

My Gryphon is new.Saturday is when it booted itself(with about 40 miles on it),i then went through all the steps to go back to tow stage.I drove it for about 10 miles,it didn't try to boot itself again.I put it into race stage,bine driving it in that stage ever since,it has not booted itself again.But it still shuts off and turns on,and not sure on changing the color.
Off the subject,but i'm very impressed with the way my truck runs!