Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, December 7th, 2008, 07:27 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road
Default updating?

Maybe someone can give me the skinny on this. when there's an update, such as the v2.01.0127 available now, if i want to install it, do i have to return my Gryphon to stock first? I don't remember seeing this in the manual....but i've missed things before
Old Sun, December 7th, 2008, 10:00 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Supercrew View Post
Maybe someone can give me the skinny on this. when there's an update, such as the v2.01.0127 available now, if i want to install it, do i have to return my Gryphon to stock first? I don't remember seeing this in the manual....but i've missed things before
Don't do it until you check with Bill. A firmware or version update (one or both of them) can wipe out your custom tunes on the unit and return the tunes to stock. I found this out the hard way and Bill had to rebuild my custom tunes and then I had to download them off the server to get them back on the unit.

It's possible Bill has figured out a way for you to upgrade these without killing the custom tunes, or if you're still waiting for your tunes, without making the tunes Bill is writing for you useless, but I wouldn't take a chance on this without Bill's go ahead.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, December 7th, 2008, 10:04 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

thanx Jack..i updated a bunch of updates before my 2 new tunes went in..and they're fine. but i'll wait to hear from Bill before i do anymore updates. everything is working so nice right now...i don't wanna mess with it.