Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2009 Expedition and Navigator

1997 to 2009 Expedition and Navigator 4.6L and 5.4L (2V and 3V) equipped Expeditions and Navigators

Old Sun, April 25th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Double Whopper

Location: Bornin Queens NY,moved to Napanoch NY,now in Maple Hill NC because of the military.
Cadash is on a distinguished road
Default 2004 Expy questions

Does anyone know the mileage gains from a cold air intake? We are happy with the mileage we are getting now (17ish) but we could be happier with more. Or anything else I could do besides tuning. Its a 2004 expy with the 5.4 2wd.
Power Hungry Perfomance Custom Tuned 6 Pos chip
Suncoast tranny
4 Inch Turbo Back Straight
Air Dog 150
Wicked Wheel
Fluidampr
ComingSoon:Rods,Injectors
Old Sun, April 25th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I dont think there is a right answer to your question, I did a CAI in my 2001 F-150 5.4 and depending on driving i got maybe .5 to 1 mpg better. I did a "gotts" mod on my 2005 f-150 5.4 but i didnt test mileage before i got it(its 3 weeks old, did the mod within 2 days of getting it), you can check my pictures of what i did on my profile, but I did notice a better throttle response, and people say it gets a few more hp. I would say that it is the cheapest way to get a better mpg increase because you wont notice much difference, and hence will be less likely to have the same lead foot problem that affects so much of us after a new mod

Also as an FYI if you didnt know it already, I am sure that there are a lot of different opinions on what CAI's will do for you, from making your engine run lean(which is why so many do the gotts mod), to messing up the MAF from an over oiled filter.
Old Mon, April 26th, 2010, 01:01 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Biggest bang for buck probably would be the gotts/snorkle mod.
Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.