Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 02:20 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

You have mail.

Personally, I never touch the Inferred TP map on anything.

As far as the ICP map goes, you should have two. One metric (unintelligible gibberish the metric system is), and one SAE in PSI. If you change one, it will automatically change the other as the binary addressing is the same for both, it's simply the way the definition file is set up to display both units of measure. If you have both ICP maps open, you will only see the changes you made in the first one until you close and re-open the second one.
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road

Awesome! Thanks so much for your help.

I was thinking about messing with the inferred TPP map to adjust full load fuel to come on at 4.0v or so. I'm currently only really seeing 3.5-3.8v from the TPP so I was going to do some tweeking on the pedal. That way if I go over the 4v I have some room before I hit 4.5v and the PCM cuts fuel. Would there be a better map to go about doing this?
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 08:31 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-127 View Post
I actually asked about the inferred throttle map once before so I know exactly what your talking about there. Working with OBS auto? I haven't seen what your describing for the torque table map though. Usually you can tell what the axis units are if you view the numbers/spreadsheet view using F6. Here is where I asked about the inferred throttle once. I can't find the picture from my photobucket account so I just took another screenshot. Left is a stock, right was from a low HP tuned file for a stock truck. I think the right is the same for all tuned files.

The spike in the middle of that map is obviously not supposed to be there. Hey, Ford's not perfect either. As to the definite ridge in the middle of the map, this is because the X-Axis transfer function for the map only addresses the first 10 columns and disregards the rest. This is where transfer functions can get tricky. You can actually correct the transfer function to address the full scale of the map and provide greater resolution, but you just need to be really careful or you can cause all sorts of oddities. For the most part (on this map at least) there really isn't any advantage in expanding the resolution so there no reason to even bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS View Post
OK I hope I did this right. If so the pic of the map should be below.

The map in this example is not addressed correctly so the start of the map is shifted. This could be due to a problem with the binary file, the definition file, or a mismatched binary/definition combination. I see this when using a VDAB0 file with a VCAB0 definition, and vice-versa. If you could let me know what binary and definition file you're using, we can clear that up for you.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Bacon King

Why do they make the entire map if they are only going to use the first 10 columns???

The Defenition file I'm using is VCAB0_02(216e).mdf and the Bianary I'm using is the one you wrote me when you live tuned my truck. VCAB0_02-Version2\0002_1_224K.bin.

I hope this helps figure out what's going on.
Old Wed, December 22nd, 2010, 01:56 AM
Bacon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
As to the definite ridge in the middle of the map, this is because the X-Axis transfer function for the map only addresses the first 10 columns and disregards the rest.
So Bill I've been studying the Inferred Throttle Position map that you talked about and have a couple questions. First this map seems a bit on it's side to me. It seems to be that the verticle A/D counts should be running up the right side and the MFD should be the verticle part. Second based off what you said if the first 10 columns are all that the PCM even uses then what does it do for the rest of the map? The first 10 columns cover to 3,000 RPM so what happens above that? Does it just take what ever the last portion of the map is and extend it over the rest of the map? I've seen this on a few maps where the map doesn't go as far as it could. For example the ICP map only goes to 55 MFD when MFD obviously goes at least to 100.

Anyway I'm trying to set up my throttle so that I see full load fuel at 4volts being I'm not getting anywhere near 5 volts or 1024 A/D counts when my foot is mashed on the floor and I noticed so far I'm only getting to 80 MFD. So on that note I take it if I just lower the portions of the map at 1024 to 816 that should accomplish full load fuel at 4 volts? Am I off on my thinking here?