Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Sat, September 11th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Tx

Hi guys

I've been browsing around for a while, then decided to join up to ask a few questions and what not..

I'm a total gear head, as you can tell from my sig. If it has a engine, chances are it's modified. Even my weedeater is modifed, it's a crazy thing..

The reason I'm here is for my '00 F-250. Awesome truck that has never let me down. Unlike the others I own. She's no spring chicken, with 228K hard miles. It's my primary tow rig, it's even been known to go down the drag strip a few times ( with a best time of 13.6 at 98 MPH in 6500 air density ). It's not highly modifed, this truck has just always ran strong, more so than any other 7.3 I've ever had experience with.

The other trucks, they run when they want to. The F-450 is a great truck, with only 4 trips to the dealer in 68K miles HAHA. The F-350, it has a reserved parking spot at the dealer with 87K miles.

The F-250 has a Wicked Wheel, manual wastegate controler, and a Edge Evolution. It's getting a set of Stage 2 injectors as we speak, a 4 or 5 inch exhaust ( haven't decided yet ). I'll be porting the compressor housing, and intake while it's down. I might even throw a cold air kit on it. Has quite a few "homebrew" mods that probably dont do much of anything.

The F-350 has a Edge W/ Attitude, and a 4 inch Magnaflow exhaust system on it. Has head studs, and EGR delete. Hasnt been in the dealership since those 2 mods.

The F-450 has a Edge W Attitude, been considering putting a exhaust system on it.. It has head studs, no EGR delete yet due to warranty. It's a awesome truck, reason it's not the primary tow rig is due to the service body. It's my service truck, my best guess at weight is 14K as it sits, she's a big, heavy girl. It's really hard not to go to Ford right now and order a F-550 for a new tow rig, I might do it after the 6.7 has been out for a while and proves reliable. No more 6.0's or 6.4's for me.. The F-450 and F-550 are just a whole different level of truck, I doubt I'll ever buy anything "smaller" again.

My cars and the Dodge are toys.. The Dodge was my first truck, even though I'm a Ford man, that Dodge has been a great truck. It's basicly a toy now. I'm looking for a diesel setup to toss in it, the plan is to bomb it ( twins, the works ), use it to tow the race car trailer, and do a bit of drag racing.

I have a ton of knowledge when it comes to tuning gasoline EFI engines. I've worked with MegaSquirt ( it's on the 79 ), Bigstuff, Fast and a few others. I've never tuned a diesel, so thats why I'm here, for my F-250.. Hopefully I can provide more help, than I ask for..
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...
Old Sun, September 12th, 2010, 07:05 AM
tech man

StripperDJ is on a distinguished road

Welcome
Old Sun, September 12th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Welcome, if you've already got experience tuning gassers then I bet the diesels will be a breeze.
Old Sun, September 12th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys I bet I'll catch on to the diesel tuning pretty quick. There are a few things that will be totally new, some wont. It should actually be easier once I wrap my head around everything.
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...
Old Mon, September 13th, 2010, 11:43 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, September 13th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Welcome, I see you found the Minotaur forum. Always great to have another addition there!
Closed Thread