Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Tue, July 20th, 2010, 05:27 PM
DIYer

enoyes12 is on a distinguished road
Default 7.3 questions before upgrading

I have an early 99 (3/98) and I'm running the Evo II, MBRP 4" turbo back, DIY intake, FPR mod and in process of making my own version of the turbomaster waste gate arm. My first question is I have an elevated idle on any tune but stock on the Evo (approx. 200 RPM). It's driving me nuts when sitting at a light the exhaust has a low hum when on the brake at a light. If I put it in neutral or park and rev it up it will drop back to normal then at the next light its back. Put it back to stock and no elevated idle. Will upgrading fix this?
Next thing is that after buying the Evo I find out it won't read the trans oil temp in the '99-'00 trucks. That was one of the reasons I went with the Evo, was to monitor the temps. Talked to Edge and they told me they could not get the trans temp to be accurate with the early PCMs. Will doing a PCM swap fix this issue? I would really like not to have to add a gauge pod for the TOT. What would the cost be for the upgrade and new tunes?

Thanks
Old Tue, July 20th, 2010, 06:37 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

From the PHP home page and forum announcement:

As many of you know, last year, Edge had an ongoing issue with the OBDII cable used on the 97-03 F-150. Though the cable issue was corrected some time ago, older cables still pop up from time to time with programming failures. Please understand that this issue is completely out of our control.

Due to the time consuming nature of recovering PCMs after cable failures (usually 30 minutes to 2 hours) and unreliability of the product, we have decided it is in all of our customers' best interest to discontinue offering upgrades for the 97-03 F-150 Evolution programmers as of Friday, July 9.

This also applies to the 94.5-03 Powerstrokes due to the usage of the same cable.
Old Tue, July 20th, 2010, 10:21 PM
DIYer

enoyes12 is on a distinguished road

My Evo is about a month old.