Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road

Bill I have wondered if a deep pan would help it as well. Brian at BTS doesn't feel deep pans are beneficial as if you get the tranny hot it takes a lot longer to cool it back down with those pans. So I'm running a stock pan.

As I mentioned above about it shifting it really doesn't matter what gear it's in. If the tranny is not spinning it's not spinning so I don't think it's trying to shift into a default gear. When mine as doing it I don't recall the TFT getting all that hot. I mean it was climbing due to loading the TC but not out of range. And I have my temp sensor in the line to the cooler so that's right when it comes out of the TC and at it's hottest point.

BTW what are you doing on the furms while you are on vaca? I mean I love to see you post but man go take vacation!
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 08:12 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The reason I mention the shifting thing is that the transmission internals don't have to be moving for the transmission to actually change gears. All the ECM has to do is detect a fault somewhere and it will electronically shift into 2nd. This is not all that dissimilar to putting the shift selector in "L". One way to really help identify what's happening is to datalog the Current Gear PID and see what the ECM is actually requesting for gear. That would definitely eliminate whether the ECM is causing a problem of if the problem may be mechanical.

As for vacation... I have to do something in the morning while Corey is still asleep.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road

Yeah that is true. The PCM can be asking it to do any number of things. I guess the point I was making is if it is shifting gears it wouldn't pull the engine down any more or make the truck want to move any more if it shifted to 2nd from 1st. Maybe a slight lurch when the shift happens but not making it move forward harder. Clear as mud??

Yeah I guess I see your point about doing something on Vaca. And we do appreciate seeing you around, as long as it's not to much while you're on vaca!
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Bacon King

Pocket is on a distinguished road

To be honest, I have not addressed this issue at all. I never did drag race my truck this summer, so it's been on the back burner. Instead I've been dealing with nonstop oil leaks, electrical problems left and right, and a host of other issues. Next year I hope to get it back on the track.
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 08:13 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

That sucks about all the problems, but I'm sure you'll get them worked through. If the trans still acts up, let me know and we'll see what we can dig up.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!