Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests Let's face it -- there are times when everyone could use a few extra prayers coming their way. Feel free to post about prayers needed for yourself, family, friends, and anyone else!

Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

That would make a cool coversation piece! Like a necklace or a ring! Just kidding!

Hope everything goes well!

Keep us up to date!

More prayers sent!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
Whopper

jjntj2003 is on a distinguished road

put you on the list with the man upstairs
:4you:
Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 06:16 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road

Good luck Corey

Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

You're in my thoughts, Corey, as always.

A physician friend of ours confirms what SubiGT said. His "dinnertime discussion" (no joke here, Bob can talk about anything while we're eating) is that your gall bladder is basically a producer of "detergent", to dissolve fats.

Happily, margaritas don't rank way up high on fats, do they?

- Jack
Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Heck, I could stand to lose more than a few pounds -- it won't hurt me at all to limit my fat intake. And yeah, since it's not heartburn or acid reflux, margaritas haven't been eliminated from my list.

We've been doing a lot of reading on the gallbladder, and I've found out that a lot of my friends and/or acquaintances have had theirs removed! Guess it's not so uncommon, which makes me worry less about the surgery and having to live without it. I'd rather lose my gallbladder than, say, part of my liver or lung. It's all how you look at it! AND I'm going to ask if we can keep the stone (hey, I kept the bones in my toe when they removed IT!). It belongs to me; I should get to keep it. Wil's already asked if he can touch it.

The whole thing's just REALLY painful and WAY inconvenient.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, May 25th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Whopper

tg150 is on a distinguished road

I'll be thinking of you Corey. Everythings gonna be ok, just stay strong.. God bless you and goodluck to you.. I've already said a prayer for you.. Take care of yourself and get well sooooon..

2004 Scab Lariat
Leveling Kit, 20"OEM's, Magnaflow SI/DO Exhaust, AirAid Jr Intake Kit, K&N Drop in, PHP Gryphon.
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Uncle is on a distinguished road

Corey,

I had the same surgery 5 years ago, when i was 29. I had 4 months of what you described before i decided to go to the doctor (stubborn male that i am!). When i finally had surgery, my doctor, who had 30 years experiance doing this procedure, said i had the most gall stones inside my gall bladder he had ever seen! Allright! I win! I had mine done in the hospital, and stayed overnight, came home the next day. I was sore, but back to work in 3 days. 4 weeks later i was back riding my bike 25 miles a day. You will do great, and feel so much better in a few weeks. The pain is really caused when the gall stones start trying to move thru the gall bladder, btw.

I'll put in some good wishes for you and keep you in prayers!

You'll do great!
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Today at the consult, the surgeon was going to send me over to the hospital to get hooked up to some IV drugs and then schedule surgery for tomorrow. We opted to go home and have outpatient surgery in the morning. Figured if I was going to sleep and take pain meds, I could just as well do that at home!

Have to be at the hospital at 6:30AM... surgery's around 9AM.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 07:36 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Sleep well, Sweetheart! We're all on your side and are thinking of you.

- Jack
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Whopper

Jason M is on a distinguished road
Default I want you to count backward from...

You'll be fine. Better than ever probably. I know it's scary "goin' under" (been there). Just relax and follow the after care directions. Airy ting gon be alrigh! I'll talk to HIM for you. Good Luck! -jason-