Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Fri, January 15th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Gryphon CTS

shotgun will become famous soon enough

Winter weather and fuel blend?

Factory manuals here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com
Old Fri, January 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Who the heck knows? I can't really see how a spacer would do ANYTHING in a fuel injected vehicle. I suppose my next step would be to reinstall it to see if your mileage went up again. And if it did, maybe we ALL ought to get one!

- Jack
Old Fri, January 15th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Gryphon CTS

If so - we're going to catch hell at F150online trying to convince everyone to put one on...

You post it up first.

Old Fri, January 15th, 2010, 09:35 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Thanks heaps, buddy! This IS getting interesting though.

- Jack
Old Fri, January 15th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Jack, when you got suckered into a fuel atomizer, did they ever say how it works? I looked up a few sites that sell them but they never say how they work in theory.(that is my first red flag because it means I'm supposed to just take their word for it.) I know that the current products are pretty much a scam(even if the mileage results can be verified but that is another scam in itself) but even I have accomplished things off of impossible failures.
Haha dont get me started on the guys at Best Buy...
Old Fri, January 15th, 2010, 10:37 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot270 View Post
Jack, when you got suckered into a fuel atomizer, did they ever say how it works? I looked up a few sites that sell them but they never say how they work in theory.(that is my first red flag because it means I'm supposed to just take their word for it.) I know that the current products are pretty much a scam(even if the mileage results can be verified but that is another scam in itself) but even I have accomplished things off of impossible failures.
Haha dont get me started on the guys at Best Buy...
Another scam was the moth ball one.
That also was to help your mpg's.
Dump a few in your tank and your off to save yourself some $$$$!!!!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, January 16th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Gryphon CTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Another scam was the moth ball one.
That also was to help your mpg's.
Dump a few in your tank and your off to save yourself some $$$$!!!!
Uh oh...Does anyone know how to drop the 36 gallon tank on an 09 4x4?

Old Sat, January 16th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
Uh oh...Does anyone know how to drop the 36 gallon tank on an 09 4x4?

Haha your sounding kinda like that kid who dumped NOS into his gixxer.
Old Sat, January 16th, 2010, 09:18 AM
PHP Groupie

In answer to your question Longshot (and remember this was way back in the 70's - before many of you were born), the atomizer broke the fuel down into even "finer" droplets that would supposedly burn more efficiently!

I honestly don't know why I fell for that now that I've reached my "golden years". I certainly knew enough then to realize this was a totally bogus line of reasoning. I think I was just "young", and naive.

One thing that DID work though, was Mobil 1 oil. It added an honest 2mpg to my gas mileage! Of course it had a lower viscosity index than the 20W40 (or was it 20W50?) I was using before I tried it, and I'm certain that was the major reason, but it sure was a lot more expensive, more so then than now.

- Jack
Old Sat, January 16th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
In answer to your question Longshot (and remember this was way back in the 70's - before many of you were born), the atomizer broke the fuel down into even "finer" droplets that would supposedly burn more efficiently!

I honestly don't know why I fell for that now that I've reached my "golden years". I certainly knew enough then to realize this was a totally bogus line of reasoning. I think I was just "young", and naive.

One thing that DID work though, was Mobil 1 oil. It added an honest 2mpg to my gas mileage! Of course it had a lower viscosity index than the 20W40 (or was it 20W50?) I was using before I tried it, and I'm certain that was the major reason, but it sure was a lot more expensive, more so then than now.

- Jack
Well I guess that might work if you were running WAY rich. That would probably be a good idea on those little nitro cars and air planes because you have to run them rich anyway.