Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Closed Thread

Old Mon, January 5th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
OFFICE IS CLOSED January 5 & 6

Due to an emergency, our office will be closed Monday, January 5 and possibly January 6.

If you have a disabled vehicle, please post in the Emergency section of this forum, and we'll contact you as soon as possible.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Mon, January 5th, 2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Glocks and Goldwings

glockwinger is on a distinguished road

Hope all is alright with your family. Prayers sent.
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, Glock... prayers must've worked because my migraines usually last more than two days! The aftermath is still hanging on -- always feel crappy for a few days after a really intense one -- but at least I'm functional (as opposed to DISfunctional? )! Good thing, too -- phone's been going nuts today!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Takin the low road.....

Cajun is on a distinguished road

I'm glad you're feeling better, migraines are terrible.

QueenCityBashers.com
South Central NC RC Bashers
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

I used to get the much more often, so I'm grateful that they're only about once every six week or so, but they tend to come in clusters. (Bill was actually trying to postpone his trip to Utah because I had that last a few days last week.) About 3-4 times a year, I get a REALLY bad one and have to get a shot of Demerol and sleep it off for a couple of days. If I had an addictive personality, Demerol would TOTALLY be my drug of choice... It's a beautiful thing...

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Takin the low road.....

I hear ya, they are some terrible things, I end up with one about 3 times a year. I have very bad allergies and sinus infections can trigger them for me if I'm not careful. I'm a prednisone fan myself, they stop them for me. That and a couple days in bed. My wife has MS and fights them basically on a monthly basis. It's not a pretty thing....she has some much stronger drugs to bring to bare on them though. It's amazing how debilitating a pounding headache can be.

QueenCityBashers.com
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Double Whopper

Mark_123 is on a distinguished road

Hey Groovy, do any of the migraine specific meds work? Their names are Imitrex, Maxalt, Axert, Relpax, Treximet, Zomig, or Frova. They're only taken on an as needed basis. If you have or haven't tried these, I might could offer some advice. Send me a PM. Glad you're feeling better!
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
I hear ya, they are some terrible things, I end up with one about 3 times a year. I have very bad allergies and sinus infections can trigger them for me if I'm not careful. I'm a prednisone fan myself, they stop them for me. That and a couple days in bed. My wife has MS and fights them basically on a monthly basis. It's not a pretty thing....she has some much stronger drugs to bring to bare on them though. It's amazing how debilitating a pounding headache can be.
Oh, Gosh, Cajun -- I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. She must be a pretty strong lady, huh?

I've had a sinus thing going, so I'm thinking that -- like you -- it might have been the trigger this time. Wil and I developed asthma when we lived in Utah while Bill worked for Edge. Now EVERYTHING goes to my lungs. Some members on here know the nonsense I went through for about 6 weeks starting on Halloween. I went to the doctor because I had some bug that hung out in my lungs. I was put on an antibiotic and 3 days of Prednisone. I went back the next week, I believe? The doctor wanted to put me in the hospital, but I poo-pooed that because we don't have health insurance. She put me on two different antibiotics and 10 more days of Prednisone. That Prednisone did horrible things. I'd never had to take it that long before, and I hope to never have to again! My mom was on it for YEARS before she died at age 54, and I can't even imagine what she must have felt like day after day!

Please let me know your wife's name. I'd like to add her -- and your family! -- into our prayers.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_123 View Post
Hey Groovy, do any of the migraine specific meds work? Their names are Imitrex, Maxalt, Axert, Relpax, Treximet, Zomig, or Frova. They're only taken on an as needed basis. If you have or haven't tried these, I might could offer some advice. Send me a PM. Glad you're feeling better!
Hey Mark,

I've tried a bunch... Imitrex, Relpax, and Zomig from your list. I stopped taking them because, as I told the doctor, the side effects were worse than the headache. I've never had a heart attack before, but I can vividly imagine what it would be like now! :omg:

I'm on Propranolol now, which is a preventative. It seems to be working pretty good compared with some others I've tried. Our biggest issue is not having health insurance. I can't get any of the good stuff. :sniffle:

But God has seen to bless me with a wonderfully understanding husband who doesn't think twice about living like a mushroom for a few days at a time on those occasions when I can't stand the light. The boys are great, too, and understand what it means when Billy tells them that "Mommy has a headache." Since 2007, I have also been blessed with a great job that provides me the opportunity to lie in bed for days when necessary and tons of friends who actually care when I don't feel good.

Overall, I'd say I'm a pretty lucky lady.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 9th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Takin the low road.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Oh, Gosh, Cajun -- I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. She must be a pretty strong lady, huh?

I've had a sinus thing going, so I'm thinking that -- like you -- it might have been the trigger this time. Wil and I developed asthma when we lived in Utah while Bill worked for Edge. Now EVERYTHING goes to my lungs. Some members on here know the nonsense I went through for about 6 weeks starting on Halloween. I went to the doctor because I had some bug that hung out in my lungs. I was put on an antibiotic and 3 days of Prednisone. I went back the next week, I believe? The doctor wanted to put me in the hospital, but I poo-pooed that because we don't have health insurance. She put me on two different antibiotics and 10 more days of Prednisone. That Prednisone did horrible things. I'd never had to take it that long before, and I hope to never have to again! My mom was on it for YEARS before she died at age 54, and I can't even imagine what she must have felt like day after day!

Please let me know your wife's name. I'd like to add her -- and your family! -- into our prayers.
I'm really glad you're doing better, lung stuff is nothing to play around with. My wife is an incredibly strong lady, her name is Sue. She puts up with health issues related to the MS that would floor me everyday. Just her drug regiment would be hard for me to follow. She takes 41 pills total, divided up at three different times of the day as well as a Copaxone injection every morning to control the symptoms. She's and her doctor have thankfully got everything under control and to see her or talk to her you wouldn't even know she had a problem. Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers, we'll do the same for you and yours.

Prednisone does terrible things to me as well. Paranoia, aggression, sleeplessness, depression, it's awful. I'm a pretty happy person normally, but it totally changes my personality. My doctor has me take it in a 4 day regiment, tapering it off as I go, then it usually takes 3 or 4 more days to get it out of my system. Luckily, I only take it when I have one of the headaches. There is one upside to it though, I've broken lots of bones and torqued most of my joints over the course of my life, including both hands, and have developed arthritis at an early age comparatively. The Prednisone makes the joint aches and pains that I have daily go away for a couple of weeks. That being said, the pain daily is not as bad as the side effects from the Prednisone. Ibuprofen and this stuff is my daily regiment for the joint pain.

QueenCityBashers.com
Closed Thread