Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Tue, December 8th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Whopper

bamagrad00 is on a distinguished road
Default Edge sent for upgrade; dealer visit this Thursday

I sent my Evo off last Thursday to be upgraded with custom tunes. We received about 6 inches of rain last night and my truck is leaking water into the passenger side wire channel. It goes to the dealer this Thursday for round 2 of the mystery leak attempt to fix. This is the second time in the last 2 months. My question is, if they happen to flash my truck, is this going to affect my custom tunes?
Old Tue, December 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Yes.
If they reflash your vehicle you will have to let PHP know ASAP!!!!!
Change the hex/calibration code in your user cp also. PM it to BOTH Power Hungry and Groovy Chick!!!!
If this does happen post it here and we(us moderators) can move this thread to the SUPPORT SECTION of the forum!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, December 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Whopper

antzfreshwhip is on a distinguished road

sorry to bud in, but how would you know if they happen to flash your truck. im curious cuz right now my truck is in the body shop, should be getting it tomorrow or thursday, and saturday its going to the dealer for its reg maint(oil change, tire rotation). now before i sent it to the body shop, i put my truck back to stock and took out my gryphon. i figure i leave it till after i get back from ford. should i worry about them flashing my truck at the dealer??

Thx, Anthony
Old Tue, December 8th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Whopper

How will I know what the new hex code will be?
Old Tue, December 8th, 2009, 10:18 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagrad00 View Post
How will I know what the new hex code will be?
Ask the dealer.
It's your vehicle and your right to know!
Also you can tell them to contact you before they do a reflash to get your approval. Tell this to the service writer and make sure they write it down!
Also take a post it note and write on it "Do not flash PCM without owners permission" and place it down by the obdII port.

Old Tue, December 8th, 2009, 10:22 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzfreshwhip View Post
sorry to bud in, but how would you know if they happen to flash your truck. im curious cuz right now my truck is in the body shop, should be getting it tomorrow or thursday, and saturday its going to the dealer for its reg maint(oil change, tire rotation). now before i sent it to the body shop, i put my truck back to stock and took out my gryphon. i figure i leave it till after i get back from ford. should i worry about them flashing my truck at the dealer??

Thx, Anthony
No I wouldn't worry about it.
Not unless something requires it.
Communicate with the staff of the dealership. Follow the above reply I gave the OP.
If it does happen Bill will have to recalibrate your tunes to the new hex and the gryphon will give you a checksum failure.

Old Wed, December 9th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Whopper

antzfreshwhip is on a distinguished road

ok...thx
Old Wed, December 9th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagrad00 View Post
I sent my Evo off last Thursday to be upgraded with custom tunes. We received about 6 inches of rain last night and my truck is leaking water into the passenger side wire channel. It goes to the dealer this Thursday for round 2 of the mystery leak attempt to fix. This is the second time in the last 2 months. My question is, if they happen to flash my truck, is this going to affect my custom tunes?

Tell them not to, and when they're all done, ask them directly if they've reflashed it or not. Your custom tunes will be written to work with your current HEX code. If you're unsure if they do or not, let us know. What we'll do is change the case and upgrade the firmware, send the unit back to you, have you read the HEX, and then we'll just handle your custom tunes via the internet.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Whopper

They told me it had not been reflashed when I picked it up today.
Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 01:48 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Thank you for letting us know!