Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 05:43 PM
Double Whopper

bsdracing is on a distinguished road
Default Fun tuning How too?

Hey guys got my Minotaur software up and going and was interested in messing with making like a show off tune like a smoke tune with a lope idle or a race tune with a lope tune as well. and I also was looking to see if there is anyway to get the 7.3 idle more consistent like a 6.0L psd or a cummins any positive thought would be great not looking for fights just thinking and trying to be more active in the forum. thanks Russ
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 06:00 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

For the lope tune set up your ICP very low in idle ranges (700rpm) like 350psi or so, then right behind (500rpm and less) take it up to around 1000psi. This by itself should give a pretty good romp. It will take some playing around with to get the desired effect.

As far as smoothing out the idle try adjusting ICP up or down until it smooths out. Also you can lower the SOI a tad and see what that does, and change base idle speed to get it juuust right.

For a smoke tune just lower ICP in the high MFD ranges.

Again this will take alot of messing around with to get right.

PM if interested in a screen shot of my lope tune. I did it just to see if I could, but never use it.LOL
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 06:40 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
For the lope tune set up your ICP very low in idle ranges (700rpm) like 350psi or so, then right behind (500rpm and less) take it up to around 1000psi. This by itself should give a pretty good romp. It will take some playing around with to get the desired effect.

As far as smoothing out the idle try adjusting ICP up or down until it smooths out. Also you can lower the SOI a tad and see what that does, and change base idle speed to get it juuust right.

For a smoke tune just lower ICP in the high MFD ranges.

Again this will take alot of messing around with to get right.

PM if interested in a screen shot of my lope tune. I did it just to see if I could, but never use it.LOL
yeah that is pretty much what i was looking for that would be great too if there was a way to say in like a race tune to have it lope like a pulling truck and in like a DD tune or something idle like the 6.0 and yeah I will pm you in a sec thanks alot will try messing around a bit still no burner to try but got alot of other stuff to do
Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 01:05 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

also for smoke set your low boost fuel at 100 range. if you are above 4500 ft u need to set the high altitude low boost fuel too
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 08:26 AM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
also for smoke set your low boost fuel at 100 range. if you are above 4500 ft u need to set the high altitude low boost fuel too
alright i will mess with that a bit im at sea level
Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 08:59 PM
Double Whopper

so does anyone by chance have a video of there lope tunes or vids of anyone changing the idle? that would be great
Old Fri, April 23rd, 2010, 12:06 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Just do a search on You Tube for a lope tune, should be a bunch.

Sorry I did not take any videos of mine, just tried it for a few seconds and it has not been on the chip since.
Old Wed, May 12th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Double Whopper

yea so i have a ok lope but looking for something more spread out between "romps" almost like a romp then almost dies then another romp
Old Wed, May 12th, 2010, 03:23 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

That can't happen unless you have a really slow responding IPR. The PCM is able to correct idle speed and adapt to too low or high ICP to maintain a good idle.

The key is to KEEP the PCM and IPR from being able to "catch up" with the desired ICP.

The state of the HPO system is going to determine how fast the lope occurs.....and it's not just a choppy idle like other folks' "lope tunes". It's an actual ROMP.
Old Wed, May 12th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Double Whopper

so there is no way to really make the romp more apparent? then what about smoothing it out to sound like a 6.0 or cummins like a more constant?