Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Old Tue, September 21st, 2010, 11:44 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Why Waste a Position w/ High Idle?

Since we installed our dyno in the spring, we've been working diligently to bring our customers the latest advancements in custom tuning. One feature frequently asked for is the ability add a High Idle setting to a standard calibration in order to use the chip's positions to their full capacity (and not "waste" a position with a singular function program such as High Idle). High Idle programs are useful for faster warm-ups, keeping the A/C cold during extended idle periods, PTO applications (tow trucks), or to help keep the electrical system charging in high-demand applications (emergency vehicles). One major concern surrounding conventional High Idle programs is the potential loss of vehicle control due to the fixed elevated RPMs, which is why we had recommended limiting High Idle programs to 1,200 RPMs.

With our new Automatic Idle Strategy, this issue is eliminated! By simply touching the brake OR throttle pedal, the vehicle will return to normal idle. Releasing the brake will restart the delay counter; THIS FUNCTION ONLY WORKS WHEN THE TRUCK IS IN PARK. Customers will have the option of adding an Automatic Idle Strategy to any standard or custom file (except Lope Idle and WhisperMode™), thus leaving all six positions available for other performance, tow, or "novelty" tunes. They can even choose parameters such as delay time and idle RPM when they place their orders.

The best part? This feature is available for chips and programmers!

We will offer WhisperMode™ blended tunes in the near future.

CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ssX...o Idle v01.wmv

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Wed, September 22nd, 2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old Wed, September 22nd, 2010, 08:39 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

We already have a video of WhisperMode™ blended with a 100hp Performance tune. (Bill's going to reshoot it to improve the video's quality.) Please let me know if you'd like me to post it, and I'll be happy to get it on here.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, September 22nd, 2010, 09:08 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I was wondering when you would finally officially offer that........

Nice video by the way, Bill!
Old Wed, September 22nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Robert6401 is on a distinguished road

Sounds nice, what's the cost to have this feature added to my existing tunes on my Pheonix chip?

2003 F250 Lariat 7.3PSD CC SB FX4

Kwik (6637) Filter, RE 2.5" leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, TC Lock, Fumoto, EBPV/Exhaust Brake,6.0 Tranny Cooler, AIH Delete, IssPro EV2 Gauges, PHP Phoenix stock, 25tow, 40tow, 65tow, 80dd, 100perf, In-tank mods, Muffler Delete, WW, FRx,HPx, JW Stage 1 Trans, Swamps HV/HF IDM
-Pulling a 38' Forest River Sierra 5th Wheel
Old Fri, November 5th, 2010, 10:19 AM

Any news on when this will be available? I am really interested!

Edit : Oh, and yes, I would like to see the blended whisper mode video. Ideally I would like to add the Whisper Mode to my 80DD, and the High Idle to my Stock tune.

Kwik (6637) Filter, RE 2.5" leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, TC Lock, Fumoto, EBPV/Exhaust Brake,6.0 Tranny Cooler, AIH Delete, IssPro EV2 Gauges, PHP Phoenix stock, 25tow, 40tow, 65tow, 80dd, 100perf, In-tank mods, Muffler Delete, WW, FRx,HPx, JW Stage 1 Trans, Swamps HV/HF IDM
Old Fri, November 5th, 2010, 03:53 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

It's good to go on the 99-03 Super Duty trucks and Excursions.
Old Sat, November 6th, 2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
It's good to go on the 99-03 Super Duty trucks and Excursions.

So, can I send my chip in while the truck is down for the new transmission and have it reburned with these new options? I would like to add the high-idle to my stock tune but only when in park after a ceratin delay (like 30 seconds). I would like to add the whisper mode to my 80DD tune but only when in park after about 3 seconds. Does that sound feasible?????

Old Sat, November 6th, 2010, 05:35 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

That's an interesting proposition. We haven't done a "delayed" whisper mode, but I actually think it can be done. Let me give it a try on my truck and see what I can swing.

Stay tuned...

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, November 7th, 2010, 09:06 AM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road

Hi Bill or Cody,

Is the 'whisper mode' something that will work on a 6.0, and if so, any plans to make it available soon? I'm not smart enough to know if you can even do it to a 6.0 or if there is some fundamental difference that would prevent it, just curious, I'm always having to shut my truck off in drive throughs...

Thought I'd ask since I sent in an order form a little bit ago to do ECM roll back and re-write all my tunes for the new strat. If a delayed transition to a 'whisper mode' in park could be done on a 6.0, I'd bet interested in adjusting my order form to include that

thanks,
Eric
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback
Old Sun, November 7th, 2010, 10:35 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I haven't had a chance to look into what would be possible on a 6.0L, but one of the things we've been working on was a way to reinstitute the Pilot Injection modes on the ECM strategies. The problem revolves around whether or not the FICM has inductive heating as it can really mess up certain aspects of the Pilot Injection.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get a look at this, but it's on the list of features to add.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!