Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road
Default spikes in maps

So looking through some of the maps I see there are some spikes in some of the graphs that really make me wonder if they are supposed to be like that or not. I just don't get how you would be going smooth then all of a sudden max out a value then back to the previous curve in a couple hundred rpm. For example my Inferred Throttle Position map, the verticle incriments sem to represent Throttle A/D counts, the incriments on the bottom left appear to be engine RPM and the ones on the right bottom appear to be MFD. On the lowest MFD line if you follow it along the RPM side it curves upsomewhat gradually to peak at 1024 A/D counts at 2500 rpm then drops back down to almost 0 A/D counts up to about 3800 rpm then spikes back up to 1024 A/D counts.

On my torque table it appears that FT/LBS is the verticle axis, the lower right is RPM and I have no idea what the other is. Anyway right at 1400 rpm the tq drops to 0 along that whole lower left axis then spikes right back up again. I can't imagine why this would spike down like that at 1400rpm. Is this correct or should these be more of a smooth transition?
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 09:11 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Picture examples...

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

I actually asked about the inferred throttle map once before so I know exactly what your talking about there. Working with OBS auto? I haven't seen what your describing for the torque table map though. Usually you can tell what the axis units are if you view the numbers/spreadsheet view using F6. Here is where I asked about the inferred throttle once. I can't find the picture from my photobucket account so I just took another screenshot. Left is a stock, right was from a low HP tuned file for a stock truck. I think the right is the same for all tuned files.

Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 11:05 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

I had looked at mine to try and see what you were seeing GTS, but mine looks nothing like what Thomas had posted.

That is odd.
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Bacon King

Forgive me guys I'm not much of a computer wizard. Never really done much for screenshots so I'm not sure how to do that. But the graph Thomas posted is one that I am talking about. I'll try to figure out how to do a screenshot and post up the other graph in a bit.
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Bacon King

OK I hope I did this right. If so the pic of the map should be below.

Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 12:03 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Wow, you OBS guys dont have much resolution on that map!

As for the shape, I could not tell ya.
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 01:25 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

That's not right.

Either the definition is corrupt or the binary is corrupt. If you PM me your email address, I will send a stock TDE1 binary to you to see if it's the problem or not.
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 01:32 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Oh, and your inferred APP map is just going to be that way.
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Bacon King

e-mail is gtsmotorsport@yahoo.com.

Thanks for the input. Do you have any explanation as to why the APP map is that way or is it just that it is what it is?

If I smooth out that dip is it going to affect the other maps so I'll need to go make adjustments elsewhere as well.

This brings up another question, If I make a change on one map that changes things on another map will those changes on the other map show up on the actual map. So if I move something on one map and have the other map that is affected as well pulled up side by side will I see the changes being made by the map I'm working on move things in the other affected map? Or are all the changes to the other map more or less behind the scenes

Dave can you please explain a bit what you mean by not much resolution? You mean the increments aren't as fine as in the SD files you have?