Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Wed, March 2nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Minotaur Newb

967.3L4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Your opinion

I'm on the waiting list with Rosewood Diesel for some Stage II sticks. So Its time for tunes. I have been lurking around this forum and have a posted a while back. Im not a newbie to the Powerstroke but never done any tuning. I have no doubt that I can catch on to it but I don't have much time on my hands with being a full time student and a full time job. So I was just considering getting the FU2 chip at this time instead.

If I got the Minotaur I would pay for probably 2 custom tunes for the IIs, like a race and economy tune. I would get all the others with the Minotaur like stock, high idle, whisper, no start, and so on. From what I know could use them because they don't really have much to do with the IIs (correct me if I'm wrong). I believe custom tunes go for $60 each? So it would be 120 plus the Minotaur package. I just wanted some opinions from those that have used the software. Like I said I know I can figure it out and with enough questions make something happen but wanted to make sure I was on the right track before hand.

Thanks
John
SD HPOP, 6" Miter cuts, 3" plenums
Rosewood Stage IIs, Built tranny.
Minotaur with some tunes from Bill

Planning: Traction bars, HPOP, Nitrous??
Old Thu, March 3rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
Bacon King

Pocket is on a distinguished road

If I were you, I'd talk to Bill about it. With some of the tunes like stock, high idle, etc... if they aren't set up for Stage II injectors, they won't idle correctly, run smooth, etc.