Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Tue, April 19th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Whopper

Whit is on a distinguished road
Help 2010 F150 Truck can't be tuned

Just got my CS and when I try to update it through Fusion I get the message,

"Your vehicle contains programming that is new to our Evolution. In order to program your vehicle we need to verify that the files read from your vehicle are correct. Without sending us these files we cannot program your vehicle. Would you like to send us these files now?"

So I click "Yes"

Then I get the message,

"No updates currently available for your device. Press OK button to close Fusion then disconnect your device..."

When I try to plug my CS up to the truck, the CS says that I need to update my programmer. When I try and update it, I get the scenario above. Anybody else got this problem? Any tips etc.? I called Edge and they said to try and update my CS again tomorrow morning, but my thing is, how can my truck be advertised as being able to be tuned by a CS/CTS and then I buy one and Edge tells me not yet?

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Old Tue, April 19th, 2011, 09:07 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Here's the guidance! Edge is playing "catch-up" with the new stock tunes that Ford has produced. They'll get there, but it's probably going to take a bunch of unhappy customers like you to make them do it.

I can't help but feel that Edge is giving "short shrift" to the Ford community. Possibly their corporate leader loves Government Motors? (Sorry, all these thoughts are just my own, and not that of the "management" (PHP).

If you can't tell, I'm totally unhappy with Edge. They have been way too slow, and ineffectual in supporting the Ford community and I think they owe us an explanation. They should explain WHY they were so slow in even giving us a programmer for the 09+ models, and then they should explain why these programmers cannot make transmission adjustments.

So, as I see it - you can tell them you are returning the programmer if they cannot support your truck and, that you expect them to refund to you any costs for postage, etc.

Now, I am very happy to cut them some slack if they can be more up front with us! We've got a bunch of devoted followers here who expect no less. What's the problem, Edge?

- Jack (I didn't take my "nice guy" pills this morning.)

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, April 20th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
So, as I see it - you can tell them you are returning the programmer if they cannot support your truck and, that you expect them to refund to you any costs for postage, etc.
So I talk to Edge about a refund of the CS and then talk to PHP about a refund of my custom tunes? I figured since they never wrote the tune, I get a refund correct? Thanks for the input, I will probably just keep my JET performance module, it worked pretty good.
Old Wed, April 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit View Post
So I talk to Edge about a refund of the CS and then talk to PHP about a refund of my custom tunes? I figured since they never wrote the tune, I get a refund correct? Thanks for the input, I will probably just keep my JET performance module, it worked pretty good.
If you are going to return the CS, you clearly don't want custom tunes for it. Please let PHP know this right away. Just make sure they aren't writing your tunes if you don't want them. But now that I think about it, they probably can't if you don't have a calibration code yet.

And, I didn't say you HAD to return the CS, but if Edge can't figure out your calibration in a timely manner, then it seems appropriate. I'd try to get a commitment out of them about when you should expect support. IF you can get the CS to work, I think you'll appreciate it more than the Jet. In fact, after looking at Jet's webpage, I don't think I'd trust one of those on my truck.

- Jack
Old Wed, April 20th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Whopper

Well I just read in another forum, and back in Feb of this year, another guy had the same problem and he returned his CS as well. I would hate to wait too long and then can't get my money back.
Old Wed, April 20th, 2011, 01:14 PM
PHP Groupie

As I said, Edge needs to resolve your problem in a "timely manner".

You need to "be on record" as having this difficulty. A snail mail letter to their president, sent registered or certified, requiring that they sign for it would establish your claim. I would not trust email or a phone call for this.

Do not be "nasty" in your letter. Simply point out that you paid a lot of money for something that right now is useless and that you expect them to make things right.

- Jack
Old Wed, April 20th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Whopper

So I just got off the phone with Edge Tech support and they said they will send my stock tune/info to an engineer, who will make a calibration code for my truck. Should be done in a couple days max. We'll see.
Old Wed, April 20th, 2011, 05:44 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit View Post
So I just got off the phone with Edge Tech support and they said they will send my stock tune/info to an engineer, who will make a calibration code for my truck. Should be done in a couple days max. We'll see.
Good, that's what should have happened in the first place, I think.

- Jack
Old Fri, April 22nd, 2011, 01:48 PM
Whopper

chill19872 is on a distinguished road

Whit , i had some similar issues with my edge programmer which turned out to indeed be my truck. My question to you is have you ever taken this truck to the dealership since your purchase ??? If not there are some TSBs out for our trucks ( Tranny problems ) Had mine done earlier today and it has resolved the issue, and it was covered under my warranty.
Old Mon, April 25th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Whopper

So you just went in and asked them to reflash the TCM/PCM due to tranny problems? If so that I will try that. Thanks.