Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, November 30th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Whopper

Diesel_Brad is on a distinguished road
Default Which tuner

Hello all. I am new here.
I am looking for a tuner for my E99 F550. Not looking to break power records, just looking to up the power, be able to change on the fly, monitor parameters and be able to see what setting i am on day or night.

My brother has has 2 Edge tuners in his 03 and 05 6.0 trucks. I really like the layout and how everything is in a nice clean PKG.

My questions are......

-Which tuner do I want. I dont really like the touch screen.

-How much power can I get from said tuner w canned tunes?

-How much power can i get w custom tunes?

-Do i still need the Juice AND the monitor?

ANy pics of which turner is which?

Thanks for your time
95 F350
96 F350
97 F250
99 F550
04 Ranger
Old Wed, November 30th, 2011, 10:16 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad View Post
Hello all. I am new here.
I am looking for a tuner for my E99 F550. Not looking to break power records, just looking to up the power, be able to change on the fly, monitor parameters and be able to see what setting i am on day or night.

My brother has has 2 Edge tuners in his 03 and 05 6.0 trucks. I really like the layout and how everything is in a nice clean PKG.

My questions are......

-Which tuner do I want. I dont really like the touch screen. Nor can you "change on the fly" with ANY programmer. Only chips can do that. Then you lose the parameter monitoring (unless you buy an Edge Insight and use it in conjunction with a chip).

-How much power can I get from said tuner w canned tunes? About 100 extra RWHP.

-How much power can i get w custom tunes? About 100 extra RWHP (no, not a typo).

-Do i still need the Juice AND the monitor? The Juice IS NOT a programmer. Forget you ever heard about the Juice when dealing with a Powerstroke. The Attitude monitor does nothing without the Juice. The Evolution CS and CTS products are the only thing that we deal with from Edge.

ANy pics of which turner is which? Power Hungry Performance - Gryphon™ CS & CTS - Diesel

Thanks for your time
There you go.
Old Thu, December 1st, 2011, 07:23 AM
Whopper

Is the "old" Attitude monitor still available? Like the one shown in the dash mounting pod http://www.gopowerhungry.com/images/...l_dash_pod.jpg
95 F350
96 F350
97 F250
99 F550
04 Ranger
Old Thu, December 1st, 2011, 09:38 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Is the "old" Attitude monitor still available? Like the one shown in the dash mounting pod http://www.gopowerhungry.com/images/...l_dash_pod.jpg
If you want something that has gauges and can monitor then go with the edge insight....

Other than that follow Cody's advice.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, December 1st, 2011, 11:16 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
There you go.
Sorry. I had to reread your post.

So no switch on the fly with the edge tuners anymore?

So a out of the box canned tuned CS will give me 100rwhp(give or take)
And a custom tuned CS will give me about the same? Or is that and EXTRA 100RWHP over the canned tunes?
95 F350
96 F350
97 F250
99 F550
04 Ranger
Old Thu, December 1st, 2011, 11:36 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Sorry. I had to reread your post.

So no switch on the fly with the edge tuners anymore?

So a out of the box canned tuned CS will give me 100rwhp(give or take)
And a custom tuned CS will give me about the same? Or is that and EXTRA 100RWHP over the canned tunes?
Both the canned and custom tunes are rated the same.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, December 1st, 2011, 12:07 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Both the canned and custom tunes are rated the same.....
Ok, thanks
95 F350
96 F350
97 F250
99 F550
04 Ranger
Old Thu, December 1st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Whopper

Ok, was just on Edges site. I am confusing myself. The only way to get the switch on the fly capability is with the Juice?

So if I got the CS or CTS I could program my truck by going thru the procedure, but in order to get the switch on the fly is to add the Juice to it?

Is that correct? ANd are they the same tunes? just with the ability to switch on the fly?
95 F350
96 F350
97 F250
99 F550
04 Ranger
Old Thu, December 1st, 2011, 07:34 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The Juice IS NOT A PROGRAMMER. It is an ICP fooler. That is all. It's a glorified, expensive "10K Mod" (Google it).

The ONLY way to get switch-on-the-fly PROGRAMMING is to use a chip. If you must have some kind of monitoring device, the CS or CTS Insight or something similar is what you want.
Old Thu, December 1st, 2011, 09:14 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Brad,

The CTS Juice is a programmer and module with shift on the fly capabilities.....but it only programs the transmission. There is zero power gained, when the CTS Juice is used to program the truck, because it only offers trans only tuning. Once the trans is tuned then its shift on the fly. But it is not a great power/performance product and your truck won't run as good as it would with a regular flip chip or one of the evolutions(CTS or CS) with canned or custom tunes would. Like Cody said the juice is pretty expensive for what it really is(fancy 10k mod).

The CTS and CS evolutions are power adding programmers and can have the same files a 6 position chip would added to them as custom tunes. But they are not shift on the fly, you would have to reprogram the truck each time you wanted to change power levels.

Like they said, if your really like the look of the gauges the CTS and CS offer then you want a edge Insite and a custom tuned multi position chip.

sorry for the confusion.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed