Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

For anyone in this thread who has posted that we don't answer our phones...

Most days, there are two people answer phone calls; on Fridays, there are three.

The only time we are short staffed is if I'm out of the office due to medical reasons.

We receive upwards of 50-75 phone calls per day (not counting the ones that call before and after hours), and no, we aren't able to answer every one of them. If you get the Auto Attendant during phone hours, that means the other two lines are being used to help other customers. I imagine we could hire other people to answer phone calls, but they would simply be taking messages, which would require us to call customers back after hours. After 3PM, we are involved in answering e-mails (Cody, Bill, and I receive at least 100 daily e-mails, collectively), Facebook,& forum posts, processing and shipping orders, custom tuning, and helping customers who have issues. In addition, we would have to raise our prices in order to pay extra staff, and that's not something we're willing to do.

We have always been upfront with our customers about what they can expect if they would like to purchase something from us. In fact, there is a huge link on our homepage that asks potential customers to read a letter from us before purchasing.

We keep our customers informed when we're out of the office on our website and on our Facebook page. We also let them know when our office is short staffed due to my medical issues.

At this time, we process about 40-50 orders per week. That's an additional 2,000+ customers each year. Please know that there sometimes are just not enough hours in the day to take care of each and every one of them as quickly as we'd like.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 12:36 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Awesome post, Corey.

I'd like to point out and elaborate on one piece of that a little bit, if I may.

"I imagine we could hire other people to answer phone calls, but they would simply be taking messages, which would require us to call customers back after hours."

That's probably the most frequent complaint I get. Unfortunately for those of us who answer the phones (who aren't Bill), we don't have the ability to work with programmer issues or software problems. Bill is the only one who can do that and many times it's hard to convey that to the customer. Sure, Corey has her jobs in the office, I have mine here in Montana, and then there's Bill who is the ONLY one that can deal with many of the issues that arise (that's the problem with being that smart). More people answering the phones WOULD MOST CERTAINLY just increase peoples' frustration by having to leave messages for Bill without instant call-backs.
Old Fri, January 27th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Awesome post, Corey.

I'd like to point out and elaborate on one piece of that a little bit, if I may.

"I imagine we could hire other people to answer phone calls, but they would simply be taking messages, which would require us to call customers back after hours."

That's probably the most frequent complaint I get. Unfortunately for those of us who answer the phones (who aren't Bill), we don't have the ability to work with programmer issues or software problems. Bill is the only one who can do that and many times it's hard to convey that to the customer. Sure, Corey has her jobs in the office, I have mine here in Montana, and then there's Bill who is the ONLY one that can deal with many of the issues that arise (that's the problem with being that smart). More people answering the phones WOULD MOST CERTAINLY just increase peoples' frustration by having to leave messages for Bill without instant call-backs.
You're absolutely right about that. When I was out in December due to my surgery, we had a friend answering phones and taking messages. That translated into about 3-4 hours of Bill having to call customers back AFTER taking care of his regular obligations in the office. There were many nights when he brought the messages and the office phone to bed just so we'd be able to spend some time together, and I'm sure there are STILL customers that didn't get a return call...

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, January 31st, 2012, 10:24 PM
Whopper Junior

patrick.leonard is on a distinguished road

I was never told I had to fill out an order form to have my tuner unlocked. Will I have to pay to have this unlocked? And I have emailed numerous times and gotten no response on this issue.
Old Wed, February 1st, 2012, 06:17 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
IF YOUR GRYPHON PROGRAMMER BECOMES LOCKED, THERE IS A $75 FEE TO UNLOCK IT. PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPROPRIATE ORDER FORM WHICH CAN BE FOUND ON THE ORDERING PAGE OF OUR WEBSITE.
This was copy/pasted from the header on this forum section.
Order forms can be found here.
Power Hungry Performance - Ordering Info
Old Wed, February 1st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick.leonard View Post
I was never told I had to fill out an order form to have my tuner unlocked. Will I have to pay to have this unlocked? And I have emailed numerous times and gotten no response on this issue.
I have no e-mails from you.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, February 1st, 2012, 10:53 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick.leonard View Post

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, February 2nd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Whopper Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
This was copy/pasted from the header on this forum section.
Order forms can be found here.
Power Hungry Performance - Ordering Info
I understand that you are running a business but does it really take $75 to unlock a programmer? Definitely sounds like a RIP OFF to me.
Old Thu, February 2nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Whopper Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
I don't know what email you answer but the one I tried emailing you on is the one that is on your website. I got it to work in the summer so I figured it you would still use it.
Old Thu, February 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Whopper Junior

If my programmer was set on stock when my PCM took a dump do I need to have it unlocked or just pay to have my custom tunes rewritten for the new hex code?