Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Sat, July 14th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Stock Sucks!

TwinTurbo is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon FICM programer PID's

Just wondering if the PID's are the same as the edge evo or if there are more like the insight? I want to get my EVO converted, just wondering if I'm gonna have to get an insight to monitor FICM voltage and the others too.
Thanks

'95 F-250 Powerstroke, 350,000 Miles, Mods: Phoenix chip, 140V IDM, Diamond Eye DP to 4" straight pipe, CCV mod, Amsoil synthetics throughout.
'04 F-350, XLT Lariat, Powerstroke, CC, Dually, SS exhaust, AirRaid intake and filter, Edge Evolution, PHP FICM programmer.
Old Mon, August 13th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Stock Sucks!

Default Converting Evo to FICM programer

Bump - maybe I need to clarify a little bit, an Edge Evo came with my truck when I bought it, I want to convert it to an FICM programer, it currently does not read FICM voltage, I'm wondering if it will after it is converted and what if any other differences there may be from it's current monitoring abilities? Also what order form should I use for the conversion process?

'95 F-250 Powerstroke, 350,000 Miles, Mods: Phoenix chip, 140V IDM, Diamond Eye DP to 4" straight pipe, CCV mod, Amsoil synthetics throughout.
'04 F-350, XLT Lariat, Powerstroke, CC, Dually, SS exhaust, AirRaid intake and filter, Edge Evolution, PHP FICM programmer.
Old Tue, August 14th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Yes it will read FICM voltage and a few other PIDS that the evo will not. I'm sorry I don't know them off the top of my head though.

I think you can use this form, and note you want to reprogram your evolution. I'm not positive though.

https://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hung...ure_index.html
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Wed, August 15th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Stock Sucks!

Default Ordered it

Just ordered an FICM programer rather then converting my evo. That way I can have my cake and eat it too. I'll post up the diff PID's it reads once I get it in case anyone else wants to know.

Old Wed, August 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Whopper

Lilpooh is on a distinguished road

Here is the available PID's that the Gryphon FICM programmer can monitor for the 6.0.

ECT, EOT, TFT, IAT, Engine load, BARO, Batv, DTC count, FICMv output, FICMv input, RPM, MPH, Boost, and optional EGT.

That's all I have, but rumor has it that it can also read ICP. I just need to find out where I can update the Gryphon FICM tuner to see if there are additional PIDs.
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod
Old Sun, August 26th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Whopper Junior

SixPointSlow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
Here is the available PID's that the Gryphon FICM programmer can monitor for the 6.0.

ECT, EOT, TFT, IAT, Engine load, BARO, Batv, DTC count, FICMv output, FICMv input, RPM, MPH, Boost, and optional EGT.

That's all I have, but rumor has it that it can also read ICP. I just need to find out where I can update the Gryphon FICM tuner to see if there are additional PIDs.
I actually ordered my FICM programmer last week, hoping to have it this week. I'd really be curious to find out if it will read ICP. I thought I read in another thread, where Corey listed ICP as one of the PID's. Then again, I've been doing a LOT of reading lately. Combine that with the Jim Beam I've been sippin', and there's no telling what I might have read.
Old Thu, August 30th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Stock Sucks!

Yup it reads ICP and Pulse width and IPR duty cycle as well, haven't memorized them all yet, I installed it in my brothers truck first since thats what we had when I got it, what a difference, not sure I will get it back to even try it in mine.

Old Thu, August 30th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Whopper

Lilpooh is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon FICM programer PID's

That's good to know, I still haven't found out how to update it. Really doesn't matter for me, I use DashBoss to monitor all the above plus more.

Maybe one of the moderators can post a link on how to update the Gryphon FICM programmer for other members who want to read the extra PID'S.
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod