Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, January 5th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Hidden Valley

F150 Man 4Eva is on a distinguished road
Default Wow

So I just switched over from level 1 to level 2, and put in my tire size. All I can say is, what an amazing difference. I love how my throttle response has changed, no more of that annoying, dying, drag and the transmission shifts feel so much sharper and all around better. I had a SuperChip chip in my 2000F-150 with the 4.6 and never remember feeling a change like I did tonight. Now what I would like to know is...how much of a difference will I feel once I get my custom tunes?(87 Perf. and 87 Tow)?
Old Tue, January 5th, 2010, 08:38 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Once you get your custom tunes there's about a 95% chance you WILL feel improvement.
So get familiar with the programmer and enjoy.
Be Safe

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, January 5th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Double Whopper

bambo2888 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 Man 4Eva View Post
So I just switched over from level 1 to level 2, and put in my tire size. All I can say is, what an amazing difference. I love how my throttle response has changed, no more of that annoying, dying, drag and the transmission shifts feel so much sharper and all around better. I had a SuperChip chip in my 2000F-150 with the 4.6 and never remember feeling a change like I did tonight. Now what I would like to know is...how much of a difference will I feel once I get my custom tunes?(87 Perf. and 87 Tow)?
so you went from canned level one (tranny only) to canned level 2 (87 tow) and there was a huge difference?

sweet! i cannot wait until mine gets delivered tomorrow!!
Old Tue, January 5th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I think the biggest change I noticed from the canned to custom was WAY better shifting and power in the areas that I wanted it most.
Old Tue, January 5th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Double Whopper

97Fone50 is on a distinguished road

mines shifts out Almost got in tranny only, in towing 87 it shifts out where it does stock but its got a little bit more poop in its pants so im happy... other then the fact he gave me one canned tune i aint using... tranny only, 87 tow, and 93 pref (i dont run 93 in my truck)
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

AZFX4 is on a distinguished road

Awesome!
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Whopper Junior

madpirahna is on a distinguished road

Whats up AZFX4?

Not trying to start anyother 'wow' thread because they're are several but I just wanna say wow.

I am on the tow setting and it is so freakin awesome, I dont even care about the performance setting.

This thing is so much more responsive and powerful, wow..

Anyway, I updated my user CP and put my HEX up there for the future.

Bill, Ford should ask you to tune all their trucks to run like that straight off the floor, its way superior to what they put out there.
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 03:51 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

madpiahna,
I totally agree with you on Bill being hired by Ford!
But unfortunately the real world dictates on how these trucks shift and perform.
There are many people that would like their truck to act like a plush cadilac then act like a truck.
Besides that Ford doesn't want the customer spilling hot coffee on themselves while mashing the pedal.
LOL's

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
madpiahna,
I totally agree with you on Bill being hired by Ford!
But unfortunately the real world dictates on how these trucks shift and perform.
There are many people that would like their truck to act like a plush cadilac then act like a truck.
Besides that Ford doesn't want the customer spilling hot coffee on themselves while mashing the pedal.
LOL's
I saw a guy in an F150 spill coffee on himself because he was too hard on the pedal. Except he mashed the brake and slid into a curb. He must have thought the U turn arrow meant keep going strait and then changed his mind when he saw where THAT direction led.