Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Sun, October 30th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Whopper

jlo84truck is on a distinguished road
Default edge Evolution FICM tunning

Hello, I bought an edge evolution programer and heard that Bill can program it remotely to make it tune my FICM, I would like to email or talk to some one about this but cant seem to reach any one on emails. I read that bill programs the tunner to have two tunes on it one for Heat inductive tune and the other with out. I was was wondering if Bill can tune one with Heat inductive and the other one with heat inductive with Pilot injection. I would like to be able to switch between the FICM tunning if need be. I was also wondering if the programer will let me keep my stock ficm tunning if I dont like the PHP tunning. If bill can do this for me that would be great. I seen the FICM tunning form and havent filled it out yet, I would like to figure out what bill can do for me before filling it out. Thanks, Justin
Old Sun, October 30th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

First off, it needs to be the monochrome Evolution. Not the CS, CTS, or the older handheld programmer. So, it should look like this:

Converting the Evo to the FICM programmer is kind of a one time deal. After you're finished with the FICM end of the deal, the unit will be reset to stock so you can use it as a performance programmer.

You'll have to pick either the have the inductive heat or not. You also won't be able to switch/revert back to stock. You're going to pay regardless of whether you like it or not, but consider this.... I've never really seen any advertisement for PHP other than webforum sponsorships, and there is a HUGE wait for the FICM programmers. Something has to be working. They are getting constant customers for their FICM programming and it is likely all from word of mouth. Even if your pickup's response isn't real noticable, its a chance I'd be willing to make.

About the question on pilot injection, you're going to have to ask directly at the source there. Best bet would be to call and talk to Bill. They were(and still might be) having phone issues so it might be hard to get a hold of them.
Old Sun, October 30th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Whopper

thats the programer that I got, That kinda sucks about not being able to switch back and forth with the FICM tunning.
Old Sun, October 30th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

The PI is in the pcm, not the ficm. So you can request it in a perfromance program either from Bill or any SCT dealer. But I have to ask why? The 6.0 injectors did not respond well to the orgional PI the 03's had.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Tue, November 1st, 2011, 07:58 PM
Whopper

I would like the PI so that my truck would be a little bit quieter so I dont have to turn it off when going through the drive through at the bank or getting fast food. I got an oil bypass system on my tuck and I think that the reason that PI didn't work out so great is that the Oil wasn't as clean as it could be and thats the reason the injectors keep craping out.
Old Wed, November 2nd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Whopper

is there any one answering the phones at PHP? I've been calling the last couple of days and cant get ahold of anyone, all I get is there answering machine telling me their hours every other call.
Old Fri, November 11th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Whopper

I got ahold of bill acouple of times since I posted.
Old Tue, November 15th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your last post.

I wish people could see how busy we are each day and how many phone calls we take. It's actually all kept track of by Vonage, so I can tell you that we receive anywhere between 50-100 calls on any given day. We answer as many of them as we can. We don't allow customers to leave messages because we'd never have time to answer them!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019