Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Wed, October 26th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Whopper Junior

Davey~do is on a distinguished road
Default Quick FICM Calibration question

I currently have the ECM strategy of VXCF4NK. I'm pretty sure that is a decent one so I'm not really that interested in changing it; however, my SCT pulls a 3rd number when pulling strategies: ARZ2AL01. Is this the FICM calibration, and if so, is it a decent one? I had my truck at the dealership a couple of years ago for an issue and of course they flashed it without telling me. When I pulled the strategy at that time it showed me VXCF7 something or other. I returned the truck to stock again using the SCT and ever since then it's shown the same VXCF4NK/TQCI1N2. My concern is that since they flashed it to the later strategy I'm sure the FICM was bumped as well.

I just want to make sure if this is a decent or sucky flash. If it's worth it I wouldnt mind doing the rollback to save the FICM. So far it's still got good voltage with no injector codes up. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old Sun, October 30th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

I can say that if you look at the FICM page, your strategy is one that has dyno proven gains after FICM reprogramming.

Information on which FICM files are harder on injectors will probably have to be asked directly to PHP. They've had some phone issues(and still might) so it might be a little hard to get a hold of them.
Old Mon, October 31st, 2011, 07:35 AM
Whopper Junior

Thanks for the reply. I had noticed that chart as well, and that was a nice bonus for sure! The calibrations seem to be a confusing mess. From no I/H, to injector buzz, high I/H, low I/H... I want to eventually get the rollback (Christmas coming up, wifey has big plans on gifts ), just wanted to know if this was one of the safer I/H versions and whether it could wait a few more months or not. I just have a suspicion that since the VXCF7 programming was in there at one point that it probably isn't. I do know that I took a huge hit on mileage as soon as I got the truck back (3-4mpg).
Old Mon, October 31st, 2011, 08:07 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

As far as IH is concerned the ficm program that came with vxcf5 is the bad one, vxcf7 is alot better(it should slowly ramp up the injectors when you first turn the key on. A kind of(click...click...click..click click click CLICK CLICK kind of sound. Thats the best I can describe the Buzzing sound of the injectors.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Wed, November 2nd, 2011, 07:02 AM
Whopper Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
As far as IH is concerned the ficm program that came with vxcf5 is the bad one, vxcf7 is alot better(it should slowly ramp up the injectors when you first turn the key on. A kind of(click...click...click..click click click CLICK CLICK kind of sound. Thats the best I can describe the Buzzing sound of the injectors.
And you would be correct. I had never noticed, because the sound was so subtle. But after seeing this I listened this morning and sure enough... I guess I am ok to wait a bit then. Thanks for your reply!
Old Sun, November 6th, 2011, 12:00 AM
SICKS LITER RACING

SICKS-O is on a distinguished road

ARZ2AL01 is the original inductive heat ficm calibration for 05-07 trucks, ARZ2AL11 replaced it, it is supposed to be easier on the FICM.
Old Mon, November 7th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Whopper Junior

Thanks for the info. I'll be getting mine rolled back once the new year comes around. I really dont see any need for the I/H at all where I live. We might get 5-6 days below freezing in a typical winter; a firgid winter we might see 25*! What little stiction I might see can be easily rectified with rev-x once a year or so. Heck of a lot cheaper than a new FICM.
Old Wed, December 7th, 2011, 11:36 PM
SICKS LITER RACING

SICKS-O is on a distinguished road

good call. my truck hasnt had inductive heat in over a year. IH can help, but i find a bad injector is a bad injector. i just changed from amz2al12 to amz2al10 tonight, my ecm is vxcf4hb, the truck pickd up power even stock, with my extreme street tune it feels like it gained even more.