Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford - All Other Vehicles > 1972 and Older Vintage Vehicles

1972 and Older Vintage Vehicles Basically anything 1972 and older... Before the EPA decided to make everyone install catalytic converters and smog pumps.

Old Mon, February 15th, 2021, 01:42 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

"Are you, uh, enjoying that?"

"Nah. Needs garlic."
Or....

Needs a 7.3 GASSER and 10 speed.

I emailed the seller last week and told him the life story of thst Bronco. It's not a 460 but a 429 out of a '72 Thunderbird (so it's a low compression turd) that dad put in after sinking a whole bunch of time and money into the 400 to try to make it more economical. I think it had high-70's for mileage when he put in the 429 that didn't run any better or get better mileage. He put 3.00:1 gears in it, Holley Pro-Jection, Jacobs Ignition, etc. It was at 87K when he let it go.

My mom drove it to work every day for 4 years after dad retired and I drove it a lot to school in the early 90's when I was doing more dumb stuff to my pickup and left it incapable of driving for days at a time.

As a kid I have very fond memories of it pulling a camper (the same one I dragged to GA) and being a freezer in the back while mom and dad were roasting in the front seat during winter trips.

I'll have to start a "parts collection" thread soon.
Old Mon, February 15th, 2021, 05:16 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
"Are you, uh, enjoying that?"

"Nah. Needs garlic."
Uhhh... Maybe you should like, wash it or something.

Yeah. I can like um... I'll like uh... Yeah, I'll uh... With water? No way! It'll get wet.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!