Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Thu, December 18th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
An Article about Bill's 6.0L FICM Reprogramming

Check this out!

6.0L Power Stroke FICM Reprogramming from Power Hungry Performance: Gain Mileage and Performance

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, December 19th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Big J

jasfaa is on a distinguished road

I read this on FTE before seeing it here. I wish I still had my 6.0 liter because it was a much more fuel efficent vehicle than my 6.4.
Old Fri, December 19th, 2008, 10:17 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasfaa View Post
I read this on FTE before seeing it here. I wish I still had my 6.0 liter because it was a much more fuel efficent vehicle than my 6.4.
Interesting! Now, if I could just convince my Sister to pull the trigger on a programmer for her 6.0L.... I've ridden in it. It's a nice truck, and it pulls her horse trailer with no complaints.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 02:42 AM
Whopper Junior

tomfrey is on a distinguished road

I read the article, thats how I found this forum,. I have a 04 PSD that got new heads under warranty a year ago (and a PCM reset), and was at the shop again for a wiring harness warranty repair thus summer, and again the invoice says "reset PCM". To be honest I dont know if it runs worse - it always seems to run fine. Over time I kept adding goodies and never got a real good MPG baseline. Would I see improvement if got my FICM reset to the original factory setting , or are these not related ? I get 14-15 mpg with my SCT on the 100 HP setting, so I cant complain.
Thanks,

Tom
Old Wed, December 24th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Double Whopper

sonic blue l is on a distinguished road

so what would be the approx turn around time on a ficm to Canada?
Old Wed, December 24th, 2008, 03:01 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Tom,

Most folks would see an improvement, especially in conjunction with a programmer although even a stock truck would see noticeable gains. 14-15 with an SCT still seems a little low for mileage, but then again I don't know how you drive or what you use the vehicle for. If you consistently pull a load or drive aggressively, then you're probably about where you'd expect. If you run empty and drive conservatively, you would probably expect to see some gains.

As for turnaround time to Canada? How much do you feel like spending? Unfortunately, shipping to Canada is all about money. The faster you want it, the (exponentially) more it's going to cost you. My time 1 day. What you have to decide is whether what you'll spend in reprogramming and shipping is going to pay itself off in performance and/or fuel savings.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!

Last edited by Power Hungry; Sun, December 28th, 2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old Sun, December 28th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
FICM Shipping to Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic blue l View Post
so what would be the approx turn around time on a ficm to Canada?
Sonic, we have had one Canadian customer do the FICM reprogramming. As Bill said, it's really about the ridiculous cost of shipping it back and forth. I don't know how much that customer paid to get it to us, but it cost her $89.65USD to ship it back to Ontario via UPS Worldwide Expedited.

Hope that helps.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, December 28th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Big J

It is the fees you have to pay between the US and Canada. I broke out a skylight in my camper that is made in British Columbia. two hours from my house. I was told I had to buy the whole thing for 400 bucks when the only part I needed was the plastic skylight. When I got the unit, I called the manufacturer and asked them about just buying the plastic insert and they stated they only sell them to the US in bulk as a whole unit because of the transport fees. In other words, if I ordered the plastic piece from them directly it would have cost me $70 plus about 300 in fees to ship it to me. Maybe the same issue is going on here.
Old Sun, December 28th, 2008, 07:48 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

In most cases is the brokerage fees from the shipping company. As I understand it, they can charge whatever they want for "handling all the paperwork" when shipping between the US and Canada. With USPS, it's pretty small but with UPS or FedEx it can get pretty pricey, especially with Next Day or 2nd Day.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, December 28th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Big J

Thanks Bill for jogging my memory, your right, it was the brokerage fees. If I had known the thing was made in BC Canada, I would have driven up and picked one up. IT is only 3 hours from my house. OH well, if it happens again I will know better for next time.