Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Sat, November 19th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Junior Coal Deamon

nosmokestack is on a distinguished road
Question 03-04 inductive or not

Ok, so ive got the remote programmer in late yesterday. Was reading thru the steps and seen the list that you can select from. I just don't know which is the best to put in. I'm trying to go with the greatest return on dollars spent, but at the same token I really dont want to destroy my ficm with a bad program. I've heard some are hard on ficm's and some are hard on injectors.
I do live in a cold climate so im assuming that i want to go with the 03-04 inductive heating. But at the same time haven't had any cold start issues, well, since having the swamps 58v ficm installed last year.

Any help would be amazing, and im assuming that php wouldn't send out a product that would cause damage. But if i can go with the non-inductive heating strategy thats always an option!!!

04' F-250 5" MBRP turbo back w/6" Tip 3.5" Down pipe, S&B CAI, S&B intake elbow, Swamps 58v FICM, Garrett Powermax Turbo, ARP Headstuds, FASS Platinum pump, Driven Diesel regulated return, EGR block, ATS Billet Torque Converter, Trans-Go Reprograming kit, Edge CS programmer, FICM Reprogramimg, ECM Rollback. 20" Diamo 8 Karat wheels
Old Sat, November 19th, 2011, 02:01 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

You say you haven't had any cold-start issues yet....

On a 6.0L, it's not "if" you will have problems, but "when".

There is a slight performance advantage with the non-inductive strategy, but it's only something you'd see on a dyno.
Old Mon, November 21st, 2011, 08:50 AM
Junior Coal Deamon

nosmokestack is on a distinguished road

Well then it looks like inductive heating strategy it is. But honestly, with the different strategy it starts better cold now than it used to. I'm already liking the way this looks as tho its turning out after the ficm reprograming.
And yes, the truck has had its issues but that was last year and its got a new set of glow plugs which were installed before i bought it and a swamps 58v ficm. Love this truck more and more as time goes on. And to be honest seems like the guys at PHP are going to make me love this truck even more.

04' F-250 5" MBRP turbo back w/6" Tip 3.5" Down pipe, S&B CAI, S&B intake elbow, Swamps 58v FICM, Garrett Powermax Turbo, ARP Headstuds, FASS Platinum pump, Driven Diesel regulated return, EGR block, ATS Billet Torque Converter, Trans-Go Reprograming kit, Edge CS programmer, FICM Reprogramimg, ECM Rollback. 20" Diamo 8 Karat wheels