Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Thu, May 10th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Semper Fi

jallen3521 is on a distinguished road
Help Options

I have an Edge Evolution (Original one).

I would like to reprogram the ECM back to a perferred stradgy (currently ECM: VXAP2N2.HEX and PCM: TQAU0N3.HEX)

Also looking into FICM tune would like to go with Hercules or Atlas 80. I Tow a Travel Trailer that is 8,000lbs dry weight (up to 10,000lbs Fully loaded). Wondering if either of those are reccomended or if EGTs will be too high when towing?

Also I can do all of this through my Programer correct?
Old Fri, May 11th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Yes your evolution can do all of those functions once its changed to a gryphon. However, I has to be changed between the rollback module and the ficm programer by Bill...remotely. It won't be both at the same time.

I'd recommend the Atlas 40 vs the A80 just because of the weight of your trailer. But thats just my preference.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed

Last edited by Jeremy; Sun, May 13th, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old Wed, May 16th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Semper Fi

Well I just submitted my order form for the Atlas 40 and the PCM roll back.

I can't wait.

Planning on getting a custom tune too for the Evo.

Any known problems with the 140 Extreme tune on stock head bolts(Figure I will wait until they go to upgrade)?
2004 F250 6.0L S-Cab Long Bed, 4" exhaust, Edge Evo, Blue Spring, EGR Delete, PMM Coolant filter, Smoked LED lights in rear, Smoked cab lights, 3" Lift , 18" DC-2's with 275/70R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Warn Manual Hubs, Rhino Liner
Old Fri, May 18th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

We don't have enough people running Hercules with head bolts to be able to say definitively that you won't have problems. That being said, we conservatively recommend that people without head studs should NOT run Hercules.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, May 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Semper Fi

I was talking about the custom tune for my edge evolution not the FICM tune.
2004 F250 6.0L S-Cab Long Bed, 4" exhaust, Edge Evo, Blue Spring, EGR Delete, PMM Coolant filter, Smoked LED lights in rear, Smoked cab lights, 3" Lift , 18" DC-2's with 275/70R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Warn Manual Hubs, Rhino Liner
Old Tue, May 22nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Whopper Junior

judgejustin is on a distinguished road

OK really confused. I thought the CTS could not program the ficm or rollback the ECM. At least that is what one of the moderators had told me here on the forum. I thought I was going to have to either buy a separate programmer or get a rented one from PHP.
So, let me get this straight. I can order the FICM reprogram, the ECM rollback and custom tunes all at the same time and use them with my CTS and no other hardware. All I have to do is coordinate with Bill about getting it changed between the FICM programmer and the ECM rollback. The whole time though it will run custom tunes as well?
Old Tue, May 22nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejustin View Post
OK really confused. I thought the CTS could not program the ficm or rollback the ECM. At least that is what one of the moderators had told me here on the forum. I thought I was going to have to either buy a separate programmer or get a rented one from PHP.
So, let me get this straight. I can order the FICM reprogram, the ECM rollback and custom tunes all at the same time and use them with my CTS and no other hardware. All I have to do is coordinate with Bill about getting it changed between the FICM programmer and the ECM rollback. The whole time though it will run custom tunes as well?
From what bill told me was if I had one of the original evolution model #15002 or 15003 then that could be used for ECM roll back FICM tune or custom ECM tunes.
Old Tue, May 22nd, 2012, 09:30 PM
Whopper Junior

judgejustin is on a distinguished road

OK maybe it's the original evolution that can do it but not the CTS then. That is surprising. I would have thought the CTS would be able to do anything the older model did. Maybe I should have saved a few bucks cause now I also have to get a programmer for the FICM.
Old Wed, May 30th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Whopper Junior

crawfishoo is on a distinguished road

I have an original edge evolution, I plan to use it to do an ECM rollback and FICM reprogramming. The current FICM tuner you sell has 4 tunes loaded on it and the user can switch between the tunes at any time, is this correct? When i convert my Evo to be a FICM tuner will I have that same capability, have all 4 tunes and be able to change them when I want? Or do I have to pick one tune and be stuck with it? Thanks for the help.

Brian
Old Wed, May 30th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

yes that is correct, once your old evo(evo 2) is converted to a ficm programer, you can change the ficm tunes on your truck whenever you want to.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed