Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Old Tue, November 6th, 2012, 11:21 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all
Default Everything else?

So the people have spoken. Unfortunately the wrong kind of inner-city slugs and government handout fans have done all of the speaking for the rest of us who know better.

Thanks, America. I have no faith left in you. It saddens me that you're willing to trade your freedom for FREE STUFF.

At least I did my part to make my county ALL RED.
Old Wed, November 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Stock Sucks!

TwinTurbo is on a distinguished road

Amen.... God help us all- at least He's still in control.

'95 F-250 Powerstroke, 350,000 Miles, Mods: Phoenix chip, 140V IDM, Diamond Eye DP to 4" straight pipe, CCV mod, Amsoil synthetics throughout.
'04 F-350, XLT Lariat, Powerstroke, CC, Dually, SS exhaust, AirRaid intake and filter, Edge Evolution, PHP FICM programmer.
Old Wed, November 7th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Don't worry, the world will keep spinning, to the right if you were to float in space and observe it right side up. :wink:

With a Republican House, hopefully they will slow him down enough that the economy improves on its own.
Old Wed, November 7th, 2012, 08:34 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Here's my big problem:

I don't care about Barack Obama. I don't care about Mitt Romney. Neither of them has any "power" to actually allow them to be in control. It matters not whether or not a person has a "D" or "R" associated with their name. There are much higher/richer powers (albeit not good powers at all) who are pulling the puppet strings. Anybody who thinks otherwise is wearing rose-colored glasses. There is not one honest politician out there regardless of whether they are local city/state governors or vice-president. Our "representatives" (term used VERY loosely) are the most corrupt idiots out there. Money and the idea of the promise of power will turn a person with good intentions into a black-hearted toolbag in a hurry. As you can tell, I don't have any love for politicians.

I got side-tracked.....

My reason for hating the results of this particular election are as follows:

1. The decision of only a few key cities with high populations with large amounts of welfare recipients or illegals (they're not "illegal immigrants" because the definition of immigration assumes that it's done legally) who think that Mitt Romney is going to take away their food stamps or round them up and ship them back to Juarez. This is simply not the case. Romney cannot change either of those by himself. This system automatically nullifies the votes of everyone else in the country. As an example, California (the most f-ed up state in the nation that everybody else tries to emulate for some stupid reason) has fifty-five electoral votes. The majority of these electoral votes come from TWO California cities. Montana gets a whopping THREE. Wow...we're really represented here. Basically, once these few cities have their votes tallied, nobody else matters.

The popular vote shouldn't be the deciding factor as we would truly have a democracy at that time and we'd all be more screwed than we are now. However, I believe that each state should be represented equally in an electoral fashion. 10 electoral votes per state based on regions. We still need the protections of a representative republic, but the way it's set up now, the liberals have total control by keeping their voting base under a tight leash.

2. It really shows exactly where we're headed as a nation. Roughly 50% of the country is on a huge percentage of the government dole or are completely subsidized by the "government tit". These people should not be allowed to vote simply because any claim that a different person will take that "gubbmint cheez" away automatically guarantees a vote to the liberals. After this election, an even higher percentage of people will be riding the government wagon......and as it stands now there are more people riding the wagon than those that are pulling it. At some point the wagon isn't going to be moving any more. How can people think that this system will be self sustaining much longer?

The whole mindset of an ever-increasing demographic makes me furious. How can people be so blind?

3. Using my own state as an example, how on God's green Earth can people vote overwhelmingly for a republican president but still vote in Barack Obama's right-hand-man ( (D) Jon Tester) to the senate? People are dumb. "Well, I've heard of this guy and he's got the most radio commercials, so I'll just vote for his dumb *** again."

We're headed to the same gridlock we have had the first two years and Mr. "Blame it on Bush" Obama is going to blame the republicans for not playing nice across the aisle when his ridiculous crony bills come through.

I believe we're going to see a WHOLE BUNCH of executive orders this term.....and a whole bunch of executive privilege excuses (especially toward the Libya incident at Benghazi).

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I knew Romney didn't have a chance against Obama's champions who are still waiting for their free cell phones.

Edit:
None of this is pointing at racism (although Chris Matthews will claim it is). It's about people who don't want to do anything for a living or those that think that the government exists for no other reason than supporting people; and those people exist in all races.
Old Wed, November 7th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it.
Old Sun, November 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Whopper Junior

azex4x4 is on a distinguished road

Hard to say it better, good luck to us all, well we need alot more than luck.
Old Wed, December 2nd, 2020, 12:30 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

8 years later... not much has changed lol
Old Wed, December 2nd, 2020, 08:01 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
8 years later... not much has changed lol
Sad, isn't it? Although this time I feel like the people made an effort to keep Trump in office, but the amount of voter fraud (both mail-in and electronic) was insurmountable.

If Trump's legal team had any brains, they'd be able to correct this. However, they've made so many mistakes in how this is has been handled. It's all going to come down to holding on to the senate and maybe being able to regain the house in 2022. We'll see.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, December 14th, 2020, 12:48 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

8 years later.....

Still
Old Mon, December 14th, 2020, 03:04 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
8 years later.....

Still
Yeah, pretty much. Although I'm pretty sure you stay rather isolated from it.

For me? Another election. Another damn recount. It was bad enough living in FL when the Bush/Gore fiasco came about. Now I live in GA and have to deal with the GA courts/Brian Kemp debacle.

I think we're just going to buy a boat and get the hell out of here.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!