Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Tue, October 27th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Tuner wannabe

DZL JIM is on a distinguished road
Default Glow plug control?

I see a couple Glow Plug titles in Functions.
Is it possible to alter GP strategy, like change on/off temps, on time, etc?

Thanks.
Old Tue, October 27th, 2009, 12:33 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Oh you bet!

Seconds vs EOT.

You can also change the time the WTS lamp stays on in "maps".

I think most of the OBS trucks run a maximum of 30-40 seconds. A lot of the Super Dutys run up to 120 seconds. I run most of my programs at 35 seconds maximum and I also set the time to "0" at a little lower temperature because folks around here don't like replacing burned-out glow plug relays every winter.

I have only seen white smoke once last year at -20 once the glow plugs turned off....and it only lasted about 10-15 seconds.
Old Tue, October 27th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Tuner wannabe

So the column on the left is in seconds? And it's temps across the bottom?

In 2 different chip settings that I'm looking at in Minotaur, the tune shows 30 seconds max up the left side, but I timed the GP's at 60 seconds before shutting off with both these tunes.

How does that work, then?
Old Wed, October 28th, 2009, 07:53 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Geez.....

You made me search through a few things to find what I was looking for!

I knew that I had seen a wait to start lamp on-time in the maps and a maximum glow plug on time in the parameters but for some reason, I wasn't having any luck finding them.

It turns out that Sniper actually has something Minotaur doesn't. I've never paid attention to the OBS glow plug control since I always assumed that it worked like it does in the programming functions.....hmmmm. It works great on the SD trucks!!

Sniper lists a maximum glow plug time in the parameters menu....and it's listed at 120 seconds....the same as the SD trucks. And, even though it's totally unrelated to GP relay operation, it lists a wait to start lamp on-time....I KNOW that map works since I have used it to appease a customer that went from a base file that kept the wait to start lamp on longer (even when warm) to a TDE1 that shuts it off sooner. I had to add a second and a half to his WTS lamp time in certain temp. ranges to make him happy.

Try putting arbitrary numbers in there that center around 10 seconds max. and see if it alters the GPR time.

Might have to see what Bill says. I know the functions work on the SD truck programming.......but I have never touched the OBS ones since I assumed they were already at 30 seconds max. I guess not.
Old Wed, October 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

keep in mind all Excursions as well as CA SD trucks have a Glow Plug Control Module (GPCM) not a GPR....
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Tuner wannabe

Thanks, but I'm an OBS guy, don't really care 'bout the SD's...

I'll have to do some experimenting if the mad doctor doesn't show up.
Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 07:52 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Sorry I couldn't help, Jim.
Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

He wasn't planning on jumping on the forums until we got on the road, but I'll run this past him when he gets out of the :shower:.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019