Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Tue, February 9th, 2010, 10:31 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

12-1300.

I've said it before and I'll do it one more time.

If I was ever to have been in the market for a new Super Duty back in '99 or '00 I probably wouldn't have gotten one. An automatic at least and ONLY because of the way they were programmed to shift.
Old Sat, February 13th, 2010, 04:57 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
The list of automatic PCMs I have driven:
MRT2 (super suck)
NVK2 (sucks)
NVK4 (not bad)
MNM0 (NVK2 wanna-be)
MNM1 (not bad)
PMT1 (awesome)
PMT2 (not bad)
PMT3 (not bad either but didn't notice a difference from PMT2)
VDH2 (suck)
VDH5 (super suck)
TDE0 (ok)
TDE1 (better)
NAW4 (absolute crap)
LKM6 (TDE1 wanna be)
YBT1 (garbage)
XLE4 (sucks)
XLE8 (not as bad as 4 but still sucks)
Cody,

If you ever need any stock calibrations, I have a whole library of every released version since the 7.3L was released.

For reference...

PMT1 --> PMT2 --> PMT3 --> CKX0

PMT2 and PMT3 have zero changes between them.

PMT3 and CKX0 have four changes:
  • Manual Pull-In changed from 30 MPH to 28 MPH
  • 1-2 TV Minimum changed from 19.5 PSI to 40 PSI
  • Function FN103 is modified (Unknown)
  • Function FN1CB is modified (Unknown)

NVK4 --> VNK5 --> MNM0 --> MNM1

NVK4 and NVK5 have a significant number of changes between them.

NVK5 and MNM0 have a significant number of changes between them.

MNM0 and MNM1 have zero changes between them.

TDE0 and TDE1 have a number of undefined changes in what would be considered the "OBDII" section.

In any event, there are a number of files that have very much in common and other that have very little in common, even among the same families. It's always interesting to see which files people prefer for certain types of driving.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, February 15th, 2010, 01:27 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Cody,

If you ever need any stock calibrations, I have a whole library of every released version since the 7.3L was released.

For reference...

PMT1 --> PMT2 --> PMT3 --> CKX0

PMT2 and PMT3 have zero changes between them. That's what I could tell by driving them. I'm a very intuitive driver.

PMT3 and CKX0 have four changes:
  • Manual Pull-In changed from 30 MPH to 28 MPH
  • 1-2 TV Minimum changed from 19.5 PSI to 40 PSI
  • Function FN103 is modified (Unknown)
  • Function FN1CB is modified (Unknown)

NVK4 --> VNK5 --> MNM0 --> MNM1

NVK4 and NVK5 have a significant number of changes between them.

NVK5 and MNM0 have a significant number of changes between them.

MNM0 and MNM1 have zero changes between them. Really? They felt different and maybe I could attribute that opinion because of them being in different trucks.

TDE0 and TDE1 have a number of undefined changes in what would be considered the "OBDII" section. Maybe Sniper sent me the wrong (or botched) binary. Not that they're bad folks, but it's happened. Actually, come to think of it, I never got to drive the TDE0 since it wouldn't shift out of first. Maybe I should look at that tonight.

In any event, there are a number of files that have very much in common and other that have very little in common, even among the same families. It's always interesting to see which files people prefer for certain types of driving.
That last statement is very true. I tried programming a TDE1 for a guy that was running around an NAW4. He wanted his NAW4 back because he didn't like the TDE1 .

My wife (I'll continue to consider her that) doesn't like PMT1. She must be on crack or something. She hasn't driven the NVK4 (especially since I fixed a few little things) but from what she told me about her dislikes of PMT1, I can assure you that she'd be happy with it. MNM0/1 would suit her well too. At least she agreed with me that the PMT2 wasn't much fun to tow with in the mountains. I have personally decided that there won't be anymore NVK4 in my truck while I'm driving it.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Mon, February 15th, 2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old Mon, February 15th, 2010, 08:09 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post

TDE0 and TDE1 have a number of undefined changes in what would be considered the "OBDII" section.
You're right (as if there were any doubt ). With the VCAB0 definition, there are ZERO tuning differences (save for the checksum and cal. ID) between TDE0 and TDE1. When comparing the actual binary, there are quite a few changes though.

I guess I need to find out why my TDE0 doesn't shift. I thought maybe the "template" for VCAA0 (yes I bought that one too ) was messed up but I guess not.
Old Sat, February 20th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Whopper

stroker342gt is on a distinguished road

so youre saying that with me thinking that my NVK2 runs pretty good with some slight mods that with one of bill's chips i should be royally impressed? damn, i thought i was doing good.

Last edited by stroker342gt; Sat, February 20th, 2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: left word out
Old Sat, February 20th, 2010, 12:49 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

You have no idea how good one of these trucks can run until you can put the power to the ground at an effective RPM.
Old Sun, February 21st, 2010, 02:22 AM
Whopper

Yea ive only had the truck a month or so, but i noticed tonight that its in 4th with the converter locked at 42 mph, really irritating intown traffic. I sent an email to order a pheonix but havent gotten the email bout how to pay yet, hope it went through, my computer acts up sometimes.
Old Sun, February 21st, 2010, 10:20 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

I believe that until you fill out the online order form (which can be found here http://gopowerhungry.com/Downloads/O...20Signable.pdf ), I don't know if you'll get a payment request without that.

Let me know if I can help in any way.
Old Sun, February 21st, 2010, 10:47 AM
Whopper

yep thats the one i filled out and emailed it to them as per the instructions, maybe they just havent processed it yet.
Old Sun, March 7th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Whopper

sideactiondiesel is on a distinguished road

maybe someone can tell me why i am able to take ts tunes and put them in my delta force software and take and pull the stock nvk4 out off their disc and then load there stock file and have there be map kpa different and map max and other things wrong with it ?? the temp code is i use is mnm0 nvaa and i load them save them and they seem to work in the truck great to be honest but cody i cant agree with u more chris has always helped us out and along with alex and pat also but unfortunately they look at the 7.3 and 6.0 a thing of the past and look forward to purchasing bills software soon cause u guys keep telling me that i will be happy bill seems like a great guy too !! so cant wait to get there software just need the $$ but hope this pulling season we can reach out to more ppl and try pushing the tunes and go from there