Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Tue, January 13th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Love Games?

theSLEEPER is on a distinguished road
Default The Package

I've asked this of Bill before, but I just want to make sure...

So I can buy the Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software™ Package, and I get ONE(1) chip? Right?
That chip can be burnt on my new burner. Right?
If I wanted to order additional chips, I could burn them on my newly aquired burner? Using the same tunes I used on my personal chip? Or the tunes I built myself? Are there files that have a good tune on them and I can "tweak" them to suit my needs or others?
Thanks guys. I'm REALLY considering the Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software™ Package.
Last question. On a single chip "or" say 5, what kind of ballpark would price be?
Old Tue, January 13th, 2009, 04:48 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSLEEPER View Post
I've asked this of Bill before, but I just want to make sure...

So I can buy the Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software™ Package, and I get ONE(1) chip? Right?
Correct. The package includes the Minotaur software, 1 calibration definition file (MDF), 1 6-Position module, 1 burner and instruction manual.

Quote:
That chip can be burnt on my new burner. Right?
Correct.

Quote:
If I wanted to order additional chips, I could burn them on my newly aquired burner?
Correct.

Quote:
Using the same tunes I used on my personal chip?
Correct.

Quote:
Or the tunes I built myself?
Correct.

Quote:
Are there files that have a good tune on them and I can "tweak" them to suit my needs or others?
Yes, we provide a full array of standard "base" files which you are free to use or tweak to your own specifications. While we ask that you do not freely distribute our "base" files, you are certainly free to sell or otherwise distribute any files you create.

Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm REALLY considering the Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software™ Package.
Awesome!

Quote:
Last question. On a single chip "or" say 5, what kind of ballpark would price be?
Current 6-Position Chip Pricing (Including Switch):
1-4 - $200.00 ea.
5+ - $175.00 ea.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, January 13th, 2009, 05:10 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Man that chip price is good.......
Old Tue, January 13th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Man that chip price is good.......
Thanks, Cody! We don't make much on each chip, but we do it to make it affordable for our dealers.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, January 15th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Love Games?

So... There's a manual that will help me figure out what I'm doing?

I'd like to take the class, but that's a little far out of my price range...

Have you conducted a class yet? I think it'd be worth it for you to film it and sell the tape... IMO.

This kinda helped me fill in alot of blank spaces in my knowledge....

Old Thu, January 15th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Love Games?

One more thing... I'm gonna have to buy a nice lap-top. What are the requirements to run this software effectively?
What are some other things I would need to tune properly? I know I probably need A/E. Anything else?
Old Thu, January 15th, 2009, 03:38 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
One more thing... I'm gonna have to buy a nice lap-top. What are the requirements to run this software effectively?
What are some other things I would need to tune properly? I know I probably need A/E. Anything else?

Make sure you get a laptop that has drivers still available for WinXP. Don't waste your time with Vista. Kill Vista, install XP, be happy.

Of course that's just my opinion.
Old Thu, January 15th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'd like to take the class, but that's a little far out of my price range...

Have you conducted a class yet? I think it'd be worth it for you to film it and sell the tape... IMO.
Bill is actually teaching a class this weekend. Others have suggested that we film the class, too, but we don't have a spare set of hands -- literally. The other main issue is that we don't have the time -- literally again! -- to sit and edit 20 hours of videotape. There would be some things that would have to be added -- for example, if he referred the "students" to a graph in their manual, a still shot of that would have to be added to the final video, and I'm sure that alone would happen 100X!

Ah, if only there were about 12 more hours in the day...

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 16th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Love Games?

[QUOTE=theSLEEPER;1575]So... There's a manual that will help me figure out what I'm doing? [QUOTE]

And is there any other PC requirements other than XP?

Last edited by theSLEEPER; Fri, January 16th, 2009 at 03:08 PM.