Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2008 to 2010 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel

2008 to 2010 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty

Old Thu, August 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Big J

jasfaa is on a distinguished road

Mine does the same thing and this has been on ongoing issue. After my last update from both Ford and PHP it went away but once again it returned on my way to the airport last week. I may just go back to stock but hate to see the MPG go back to where they were as well.

My user CP should tell you who I am but once again, I am traveling all next week.
Old Sat, August 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Couple questions...

Are we dealing with an EGT issue or a shifting issue?

In what level(s) is this occurring?

Current ECM/TCM strategy? (Check in Version Info)

Current Firmware and Calibration versions? (Again, Version Info)

In regards to the shifting concern itself, please define "not shifting very well". Shifting early? Late? Too soft or slipping? Too aggressive? Which shifts? (1-2, 2-3, etc.)

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, August 9th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Double Whopper

08FX4RBP is on a distinguished road

I was the one who talked to you on the phone two weeks ago and had the higher egt's and trans shifting problems. I have been running the older calibrations and have had no problems since. My shifting problems were 1-2, 2-3 it seemed it did not know what gear it wanted to go into, then when it would shift it would clunk into gear pretty good. If you need all the info on teh truck again just let me know.

Thanks for the help!
Old Mon, September 14th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Big J

jasfaa is on a distinguished road

Are we dealing with an EGT issue or a shifting issue?

Shifting

In what level(s) is this occurring?

Current ECM/TCM strategy? (Check in Version Info)

Just updated these today

ECM 8u7acg (This was different prior to today)
TCM 7u7aab

Current Firmware and Calibration versions? (Again, Version Info)

Firmware 3.2.596
Calibration 1.2.681

Update on this, I went back to stock because of the tranny issues two weeks ago. I then had issues with a EGT issue (stuttering) and White smoke at Stock. Known TSB. Truck is still at stock but would like to know if I need to update the Gryphon. Thanks.
Old Sat, September 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

We are readdressing these calibrations again. The L30 calibration series (of which 8U7ACG is part of) has offered a significant improvement over the last few series. We do have any update available that was released on 09/14 so you'll want to download that.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!