Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, January 22nd, 2010, 10:14 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough
Default Scanning codes on other vehicles?

Just as the title implies I am wondering if I can use my gryphon programmer (for an '08 f150) to pull or clear codes on other ford vehicles. The trucks specifically in question are a 1997 F250 that may be developing transmission issues and a 2004 Expedition showing signs of fuel system trouble. I haven't heard or read anything on this topic so input would be helpful.
Old Fri, January 22nd, 2010, 10:33 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot270 View Post
Just as the title implies I am wondering if I can use my gryphon programmer (for an '08 f150) to pull or clear codes on other ford vehicles. The trucks specifically in question are a 1997 F250 Need a different cord and it might not support that calibration platformthat may be developing transmission issues and a 2004 Expedition I think you can on this oneshowing signs of fuel system trouble. I haven't heard or read anything on this topic so input would be helpful.
Answers in red.

Some auto part stores have them for about $40 for a basic reader and in my opinion that's better than using a $400 programmer.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, January 23rd, 2010, 10:59 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Answers in red.

Some auto part stores have them for about $40 for a basic reader and in my opinion that's better than using a $400 programmer.
Agree with 88 on everything. But, if you do choose to try it on the Expy, I think you'll have to set your truck back to stock first.

(I'd get a code reader if I were you).

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, January 23rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

yeah we'll get one when we need it. Just makin sure I didn't have to buy something I already had.