Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Wed, October 27th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Whopper

moodyj is on a distinguished road
New from NC - switching from HyperTech - Question about what I just ordered :)

Standard Hello info:
2007 Ford F150 Lariat 5.4l gas/flex fuel
Also own heavily modified Kenne Bell 03 Mustang Cobra Convertible with Roll cage.

So I am from NC (Raleigh area) and I have used the HyperTech Tuner up until now on my truck. Actually only for 3 months. But I do know the value of having a more custom tune done and so I am making this switch.

I don't have much for mods, just a K&N CAI and exhaust with (starting Monday) 35" Trail Grapplers.

My question is I just ordered the Gryphon CS (Edge CS with Gryphon custom firmware) BUT....I chose all stock tunes. I did list the cold air intake and exhaust in the description of my vehicle.

Does this mean I will get my Programmer within a week or so and if I wanted to get a custom tune to account for cold air intake and exhaust then I just go back to website, pay $30 and describe what I want? then I can upload this custom tune using Fusion to my CS programmer and then to my truck?

Oh and i also tried calling about 5 times from 2pm to 4:59pm with no luck, boo

It's okay though I have heard great things from you guys, all over the f150forum.com and fordf150.net forums.... but what really sold me on switching was the upgrade Edge made to their color screen units, MUCH better IMO than the old monochromatic ones.
Old Wed, October 27th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Whopper

So I was a good new member and read through your highlighted closure dates and what not and found out how small you are but how fast you are growing! and I also wanted to ask you and everyone, how the dyno day went! Congrats!!
Old Wed, October 27th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Howdy

I want to make you aware that the $30 is only if you order them with the programmer. After that it is $60 per tune.

Other than that, this is a fun forum to read through that, unfortunately , might give you more ideas for mods.
Old Wed, October 27th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Whopper

If I had ordered the custom tune with the programmer would I still have received the programmer in a week or so? Or would I have to wait longer because they would try to include the tune on the program thus 4-6 weeks?

if so I wonder if I could change my order before it ships out seeing as I just ordered it today.

and Oh the customize bug has got me. I have a Pro Comp Stage II 6" kit being put on next week!
Old Wed, October 27th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Yes, you would get the programmer in the same amount of time because you have to retrieve the HEX code to send Bill.

I would send Corey an email telling her you changed your mind and would like to also order some customs.
Old Wed, October 27th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Whopper

Thanks for the quick advice LongShot. email has been sent to her!
Old Thu, October 28th, 2010, 04:22 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome.....

questions should be asked in their respective forums......

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, October 28th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Whopper

I have moved my questions over...

Tags
edge cs, f150, hypertech, trail grapplers